Onyx Authenticated has released details of its 2021 Vintage College collection, which puts current college athletes cards and autographs in packs.
One of the few star products of the junk wax era holds some Hall of Fame gold while a certain basketball issue gains no traction– and a peek at a great vintage baseball pack.
Modern Sports Card News
Set to arrive just after the start of the season, 2022 Topps Tribute Baseball offers six hits per box.
Vintage Sports Card News
As he makes a long awaited arrival in Cooperstown, here are eight baseball cards that recall the career of catcher Ted Simmons.
Sports Memorabilia News
Jerseys worn by Aaron Judge and Luis Robert were the two big sellers in an auction of 59 items worn in the Iowa Field of Dreams game with proceeds helping cancer patients.
Around the Hobby
Sports Illustrated goes inside MLB Authentication; MLB Auctions has items from Jeter’s last game; a rare ticket from Al Kaline’s first hit at auction and KVOA-TV visits with a long-time Arizona shop owner on the hobby’s boom.
- Greg Vaughn Talks Rookie Cards, Penmanship, Home Run Ball Collection
- Notes: LeBron Jersey Tops $128K; Philly Show Headliner; Card Show on a Yacht
- Notes: Panini & Pulisic; ARod Out of Panini Talk; Aussie Collecting
- Notes: Wilt Offer Declined; Topps Brings Inception to NFT; New Vintage Pack Breaker; Research Tool Gone; More
Don’t be surprised if grabbing a piece of the hobby’s other income streams is part of the long range plan for Fanatics and its pro sports partners.
A deluge of water makes for interesting times at the store, but there were new products, new plans and a new problem to deal with last week.
- PSA Grading Tally: Over 2 Million Trading Cards Since June
- Editor’s Blog: Pondering Fanatics, Leagues “Secondary Market” Plans
- Report: Topps’ Eisner Talked Sale Last Winter, Dismissed Questions About Licenses
- A Labor of Love: Indiana Collector Promotes His Passion With Labor Day Show
- Sports Law Attorney Sifts Through Fanatics’ Blockbuster Licensing Deals
- Exquisite LeBron Rookie RPA to 99 Tops $2 Million
- Notes: PSA Grading Update; Card Shows Abound; Topps’ Debt Rating Lowered; Globe on Hobby; Jeter Dive Bobble; More
- Editor’s Blog: Pause the Panic on Fanatics Sports Card Deal
- The Making of Tom Brady’s First Rookie Card
- Overlooked and Underrated Rookie Cards of NBA Greats – Part 2, the 1960s
- Report: Fanatics Snares NFLPA Trading Card License in 20-Year Deal
- Overlooked and Underrated Rookie Cards of NBA Greats – Part 1, the Early Days
- Leaf’s Gray Says Card Companies Must Be Allies In Wake of Fanatics Deal
- Report: Fanatics Deal with NBA, Players for Trading Cards Now Done
- Topps Says It Was Blindsided by Fanatics’ MLB Deal
- Fanatics in Deals to Take Over Trading Card Licenses in Multiple Sports; Topps Merger Deal Dead
- Near Set of Rare 1921 Self Developing Strip Cards Discovered
- eBay Accuses PWCC of Shill Bidding; Company Calls Accusation “Defamatory”
- A Honus for the Rest of Us: A Handful of More Affordable Wagner Cards
- T206 Wagner Sells for $6.6 Million, Reclaiming Title as Most Expensive Sports Card