Approximately 800 19th century sports and non-sports cards are entering the hobby for the first time after a major east coast find.
Modern Sports Card News
Hockey’s 1992-93 rookie card class suffered due to earlier sets, but there are still plenty of gems to collect–and most cards and boxes remain cheap today.
Anson Whaley goes hunting for pre-War cards at the annual Pittsburgh area card show, now anchored to a new home after years at Robert Morris University.
A social media roundup of the 2019 NFL Rookie Premiere event in L.A., as players pose for upcoming cards and sign the autographs to go with them.
Sports Memorabilia News
The collection of late Hall of Fame outfielder Enos Slaughter is on the auction block.
Around the Hobby
2019 Bowman Mega Boxes have arrived at Target. We’ve got the info and a checklist.
- Notes: Suspect Arrested in Mantle Card Theft; Canseco Hits Homers, Signs; World’s Oldest Golf Card Sells
- Vintage Pack Facts: 1970-71 Topps Basketball
- Notes: Guerrero Living Set Print Run; Grob on Ruth Jersey; Stanley Cup Puck Auction
- Christy Mathewson, Nolan Ryan Items Highlight Huggins And Scott Spring Auction
The hobby’s card doctors are extra busy with prices on the rise. But what’s acceptable and what might make someone legally liable?
- Ad from 1916 Touts Baseball Card Giveaway at Everybody’s Department Store
- Original Drawings Reveal What Topps Did to Jim Lemon’s Weird 1969 Card
- Gary V Touts Sports Card Market on Rich Eisen Show
- Notes: Khalil Mack Finally Signs; Tiger Putter Brings Big $; Canseco to Hit Homers, Sign Autos for Card Shop
What’s Hot in the Shop
No matter the sport, Mike says if you can find product, it’s selling.