A 1917 youngster’s full set of Collins-McCarthy candy cards including Ruth, Cobb and Wagner was the top seller but not the only attraction in the Lelands Fall Auction.
Vintage Sports Card News
Modern Sports Card News
2019 Topps Rookie Review offers a complete 50-card set with autographs, chase cards and parallel versions in the mix.
A local auction house will sell hundreds of items consigned by Bill Mazeroski as the 1960 World Series hero and his wife downsize for a move in Pennsylvania.
One of the best known 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle cards, some newly discovered vintage and a few high-end modern era rookies were among the top sellers in a huge auction.
Sports Memorabilia News
One of the four historic gold medals won by Jesse Owens in the 1936 Olympics joined some high-end modern cards atop the list of big sellers in Goldin Auctions’ final sale of 2019.
Around the Hobby
The December edition of the Philly Show brought Emmitt, Eric, The Answer and other athletes to the Valley Forge Casino resort.
- Jail for Man Who Accused Landscaper of Card Theft; McDavid Auction; PSA Fee Change; ‘Yesterday’ Owner Dies
- Notes: Sheen Talks Major League Movie Prop Auction; Bruins’ Military Jerseys; New Webcast; Cyber Monday
- Notes: Western Canada Show a Hit; Sign-Stealing Bobblehead; Topps Exclusives; More
- Notes: Great Sy Berger Quote; Zion/RJ Charity Auction Back Up; Win a LeBron Rookie; Women’s World Cup Photos
Post Cereals went all out to produce its 1960s baseball cards, with the groundbreaking promotion receiving media coverage as the season played out.
- Uncovering an Old Newspaper Story About an Early 1900s Collector and His Baseball Cards
- Of 15 Cent Aaron Autographs and $1,000 Wagners: Article Features 1971 Southern California Card Show
- Baseball Card Coverage from 60 Years Ago Reveals Interesting Info on Market
- Why Baseball Cards Came Out a Tad Later in 1964
What’s Hot in the Shop
For the ninth straight year, Panini America is teaming up with hobby shops for a Black Friday pack promotion and Mike has a rundown of what to look for.