Here are some ways to determine if your card is a real 19th Century issue packaged with a tobacco product or a cut card from a corresponding album.
Modern Sports Card News
Upper Deck has plans to commemorate the Vegas Golden Knights historic inaugural season with a new trading card product.
PSA has streamlined its Population Report, enabling collectors to find the results they’re looking for in less time.
Upper Deck has produced a line of autographed items featuring tennis great Serena Williams as part of a new multi-year contract agreement.
Sports Memorabilia News
An original image from 1937 dates to the first NFL game in the history of the Rams’ franchise, one taken when the were based in Cleveland.
Around the Hobby
The 48-pack box from the season that brought us Wayne Gretzky’s Canadian-made rookie card will hit the block this summer.
- Notes: Jeter Rookie Sells for Big Price; Manning Memorabilia Suit Settled; Cobb Museum Card, Coin
- Notes: Jeter SP Soars; MHCC’s New Auction; Live Case Break Opens Shop
- Don Lever’s Rookie Card – A Hobby Anomaly
- Notes: “The Missus Wants to Burn Them”; Stanton’s 1st Pinstripe Sells; Wagner Goes Poof; Collector Casting Call
Topps is hoping collectors help an ALS-related charity in honor of Stephen Piscotty’s mom while Ichiro gets a Living Set card and police track down Roquan Smith’s stolen game-used gear.
- Vintage Baseball Card Collection on Antiques Roadshow Draws a ‘Wow’
- Notes: Paper’s Story on Box Breaking; Roquan Smith Ripped Off; Big $ for LeBron; Singer Trades Tix for Cards
- NFL’s First #1 Draft Pick in 1936 Got a Football Card–19 Years Later
- Notes: T206 Cobb Back Find; Mathis Talks ’52 Mantle Sale; Ohtani Atomic Refractor
What’s Hot in the Shop
Collectors continue to rip products of, well, just about everything –no matter the sport. Mike narrows it down to the five current top sellers.