Graham Womack looks at the chances of election for all of the Modern Era Committee candidates for the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Modern Sports Card News
2019 Topps Rookie Review offers a complete 50-card set with autographs, chase cards and parallel versions in the mix.
A local auction house will sell hundreds of items consigned by Bill Mazeroski as the 1960 World Series hero and his wife downsize for a move in Pennsylvania.
The former head of Steiner Sports has opened a new online marketplace for sports collectibles and plans to conduct auctions beginning next year.
Sports Memorabilia News
The bat that was chronicled in the book Joe DiMaggio: The Promise will come up for auction beginning Jan. 31, 2020.
Around the Hobby
A strange tale of kidnapping and assault in Florida; game-used Connor McDavid items up for grabs; PSA makes a fee change…and the long-time owner of a shop near Wrigley Field has died.
- Notes: Sheen Talks Major League Movie Prop Auction; Bruins’ Military Jerseys; New Webcast; Cyber Monday
- Notes: Western Canada Show a Hit; Sign-Stealing Bobblehead; Topps Exclusives; More
- Notes: Great Sy Berger Quote; Zion/RJ Charity Auction Back Up; Win a LeBron Rookie; Women’s World Cup Photos
- Notes: Photog Tells Story of Gretzky Rookie Card
Post Cereals went all out to produce its 1960s baseball cards, with the groundbreaking promotion receiving media coverage as the season played out.
- Uncovering an Old Newspaper Story About an Early 1900s Collector and His Baseball Cards
- Of 15 Cent Aaron Autographs and $1,000 Wagners: Article Features 1971 Southern California Card Show
- Baseball Card Coverage from 60 Years Ago Reveals Interesting Info on Market
- Why Baseball Cards Came Out a Tad Later in 1964
What’s Hot in the Shop
For the ninth straight year, Panini America is teaming up with hobby shops for a Black Friday pack promotion and Mike has a rundown of what to look for.