A cheap deal on 1980-81 Topps basketball turns into a wayback project–separating the cards as the company intended with its one and done style.
Modern Sports Card News
Putting an artist’s touch on the past and present, 2018 Topps Gallery Baseball has arrived with a sizeable checklist that includes some of the year’s top rookies.
The 2018 Topps Holiday Pack promotion brings free in-store exclusive packs to collectors who visit hobby shops and spend ten bucks. A checklist, gallery and video are inside.
Historic baseball memorabilia met the hammer at the 15th annual Louisville Slugger Museum Auction.
Sports Memorabilia News
Jerseys worn by the Golden State Warriors on the night they raised their third banner in four years are generating plenty of interest at NBA Auctions.
Around the Hobby
One of 23 autographed 1997-98 Upper Deck Michael Jordan Game Jersey cards is about to sell for a huge price; two collectors have launched a T206 podcast….and the founder of Steiner Sports has written a new book.
- Notes: Ohtani and Acuna Cards; Big Bucks for Old Micks; Bobblepalooza; Rams, 49ers Jerseys to Help Fire Victims
- Notes: CTV Hockey Card Story; COMC Seller Changes; Early Mays, Mantle Photos Sell
- Number One Rated 1948 Leaf Baseball Set Up for Grabs
- Ball Signed by Walter Johnson (and Walter Jr.) in New Mile High Auction
It sat in a humble cardboard box, undisturbed for decades. Now, that box—and its star attraction—are on the auction block.
- Editor’s Blog: At Quarterback for the 49ers, Number 16…Arnie Galiffa?
- Editor’s Blog: Hondo Has Us Pining for Cards from “The Missing Years”
- Notes: NPR Segment on MLB Authentication; Topps Talk on Squawk Box; Topps & Fallon?
- Notes: Chantilly Show; 1914 Cracker Jack Jackson Auction; “Mrs. Jay” Passes; Fultz Debut Jersey
What’s Hot in the Shop
All four major sports are in motion, which is never a bad thing when you’re selling cards. Mike’s back with the top five hottest products at his shop.