The popular insert set returns for Series 2, showcasing many of the new names that were absent from Series 1. Most notably, rookie Patrik Laine will be included in these inserts, which will be seeded six to a hobby box, or one in every four packs.
That will be the big draw for this product, which will boast a 200-card base set plus the 59 Young Guns. A hobby box will contain 24 packs, with eight cards to a pack. Parallels will include Exclusives, which will be numbered to 100; a hobby exclusive Clear Cut, which will fall one in every three boxes; High Gloss, which will be numbered to 10; and Printing Plates.
Another subset will be UD Canvas Cards, and typically there will be four of these in every hobby box (one in every seven packs, to be precise). The set itself will contain 150 cards. A more scarce version — UD Canvas Young Guns — will show up once in every 48 packs. Even harder to hit will be Program of Excellence and Retired Stars inserts. Both can be found in every 192 packs, or once in every eight hobby boxes.
In addition to Young Guns, there are other rookie insert sets. Rookie Breakouts will be printed in acetate stock; it’s a 28-card set that will be numbered to 100. UD Portraits Rookies will fall every six packs and is a 50-card set. There are parallels in gold foil (numbered to 99) and Platinum Blue (25).
Day With the Cup inserts will be extremely hard to find, like one in every thousand packs. This seven-card subset will feature cards of members of the defending Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins.
If you like to build sets, Series 2 offers some real chances to complete one. But there are plenty of relic and autograph hits that are worth chasing.
Rookie Materials is a 41-card set that will include first-year players like Laine, Matthew Tkachuk, Mitch Marner, William Nylander and Jesse Puljujarvi. There also will be Patch variations that will be numbered to 25. Rookie Materials also will be found in every three boxes, along with UD Game Jerseys. The latter subset consists of 48 cards, with Patch parallels that will be numbered to 15.
Autograph subsets will include UD Signatures, a 19-card subset. This signature card will fall in every other case. A Piece of History 1,000 Point Club features seven members including Mario Lemieux, Bobby Clarke and Marian Hossa. An autograph relics version features 17 cards and includes such stars as Jaromir Jagr, Mark Messier, Mike Modano, Ray Bourque and Adam Oates. These cards will be numbered to 10.
Collectors who buy Series 2 also will get an update on the 2016-17 O-Pee-Chee set. There will be one base card per hobby box, with 10 different cards that will be sprinkled throughout packs. There also will be Rookie cards that will fall four to a hobby box.
– Young Guns – inserted 1:4
– Regular Cards – inserted 1:7
– Young Guns – inserted 1:48
– Team Canada, Program of Excellence – inserted 1:192
– Retired Stars – inserted 1:192
O-Pee-Chee Rookie & Regular Card Updates:
– O-Pee-Chee Update – inserted 1:24
– O-Pee-Chee Update Rookies – inserted 1:6
– Hobby Exclusive: O-Pee-Chee Update, Red Border // – inserted 1:1,200
– Hobby Exclusive: O-Pee-Chee Update Rookies, Red Border // – inserted 1:300
– O-Pee-Chee Update, Rainbow Foil // – inserted 1:120
– O-Pee-Chee Update Rookies, Rainbow Foil // – inserted 1:30
– O-Pee-Chee Update, Black Border // – #’d to 100
– O-Pee-Chee Update Rookies, Black Border // – #’d to 100
– O-Pee-Chee Retro Update – inserted 1:60
– O-Pee-Chee Retro Update Rookies – inserted 1:15
Memorabilia & Signature Cards:
– Rookie Materials – inserted 1:72
– UD Game Jerseys – inserted 1:72
– 1,000 Point Club Jerseys – inserted 1:864
– Rookie Materials Patch – #’d to 25
– UD Game Patch – #’d to 15
– 1,000 Point Club Autographs – #’d to 10
– 1,000 Point Club Autograph Jerseys – #’d to 10
– UD Signatures – inserted 1:576
– O-Pee-Chee Update Signatures – inserted 1:576
– UD Canvas Pavel Bure Auto – #’d to 10
Die-Cut Acetate Cards:
– Rookie Breakouts – #’d to 100
Day With The Cup:
– Commemorating the 2015-16 Champions – inserted 1:1,000
UD Portraits Rookies:
– Rookies – inserted 1:6
– Gold // – #’d to 99
– Platinum Blue // – #’d to 25
Regular Set Parallels:
– Hobby Exclusive: Regular Cards, Clear Cut // – inserted 1:90
– Hobby Exclusive: Young Guns, Clear Cut // – inserted 1:360
– Exclusives // – #’d to 100
– High Gloss // – #’d to 10
– Printing Plates — #’d 1-of-1