It’s been a busy month for trading card companies, distributors and hobby shops, which are trying to keep up with an avalanche of new products released as the year comes to a close. Here is a look at what’s been moving most at Mike’s Stadium Sports Cards in Aurora, CO.
1) 2014 Topps Triple Threads NFL – Older isn’t always better, but this annual gem came out of the gate stronger than expected. We’re hosting a case break this weekend and hope to be able to share some cardboard goodness sooner than later on our Facebook page .
2) 2014 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects MLB – Sure the most sought after card in the box might be of a NFL QB who had a first game rating of 1, but collectors are enjoying the regulars, jumbos, super jumbos, mega super jumbos and the incredibly hard to find mega, mega brontosaurus super duper jumbos.
3) 2014 Topps Chrome NFL – Sure it’s taking some price adjustments to help Chrome out the door, but box breakers love products that have a chance at several thousand dollar superfractors.
4) 2014 Bowman Sterling NFL – We hosted a four box break of 2014 Bowman Sterling NFL last weekend and we saw some gems come out. It’s a lot easier to push $200+ boxes when people know they can get Drew Brees autographs and 1/1 superfractors.
5) 2014 SP Authentic NFL – Sure Topps went overboard with their December releases, but they didn’t nail down all five spots. Once again fans of SP have been driven to return with the promises of three autographs per box including one autographed relic card in each box.
Our esteemed panel will be hard at work over the next few days preparing for the annual Mikey Awards. We’ll look back at the hobby’s best, the worst and most mediocre brands and cards–along with some surprises. To whet your appetite, here’s a look back at last year’s Mikeys.
Mike Fruitman owns Mike’s Stadium Sportscards in Aurora, CO where they’ve got a brand spanking new look to their website. Normally, his column focuses on what products are selling best in hobby shops. See his eBay listings here. Enjoy new arrivals and big hits from Mike’s on Twitter. Mike’s is always looking for more friends on Facebook and you can email him at [email protected]