Bids continued into the wee hours of Saturday morning at Mastro Auctions where the company’s latest sports card and memorabilia sale brought big bucks. Prices do not include the buyer’s premium.
An SGC-graded E-93 Standard Caramel set brought a record high bid of $278,910 to highlight Part Two of Mastro Auctions latest sale.
The auction also included several high grade single baseball cards from the set. A Cobb sold for $36,100 while Chance, Brown and Tinker all reached bids of $14,150.
A 1954-55 Topps PSA-graded hockey card set, which had been ranked 4th on PSA’s set registry, sold for $32,818.
Other Friday highlights:
Babe Ruth single vintage signed baseball $17,511
22 different "E" cards incl. 12 HOFers $15,565
1981-82 Wayne Gretzky game-worn jersey $14,272
1971 Topps 1st series vending box $12,863
1971 Willie Mays game used bat $11,959
Game-used bats from Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig were the major highlights during the first half of the sale, which concluded Thursday night/Friday morning.
A 1927 side-written Gehrig bat sold for $156, 797 while a 1920 Ruth bat went for $142,219.
The 1957 Ted Williams game-worn uniform sold for $67,753.
- 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth baseball card PSA 8 $30,597
- Ty Cobb Turkey Red baseball card PSA 6 $29,835
- 1986-87 Fleer Basketball set (all PSA 10) $27,815
- 1971 Topps vending boxes (lot of 4) $26,228 (2 lots were sold at that price)
- 1963 Brooks Robinson game-worn Orioles jersey $23,569
- 1976 Topps vending case $16,283