Upper Deck will begin the 2007 baseball season just after the New Year with the release of its Future Stars card product.
ach pack will have either a rookie signature or a serial numbered
parallel card, each box will contain five rookie signatures and each
case includes a rookie signature parallel with red ink numbered to 35.
The four-card packs (SRP $4.99) of 2006 UD Future Stars Baseball will be
available to collectors in early January.
"We have included some really unique signature cards, clear acetate, for
the most hardcore of rookies and future star collectors," said Gregg
Kohn, Baseball Product Manager for Upper Deck. "There is a ton of
content in each pack, box and case – the cases will have at least one
triple signature card (on acetate), on average. Collectors should also
be looking out for the top international stars on the diamond as we are
including the heroes of the World Baseball Classic – like Daisuke
Matsuzaka, Frederich Cepeda and Osmany Urrutia."
In addition to the amazing signature content mentioned above, the
75-card regular set will have six parallel versions – numbered to 1799,
499, 299, 99, 50 and 25, each on a rainbow foil board. UD Future Stars Baseball will highlight the 25 top players from the 2006 World Baseball Classic (WBC) printed on a rainbow foil background – this set will also have six parallel versions numbered to 1799, 499, 299, 99, 50 and 25. Each WBC card will include the flags and logos of the player’s home country and the markings of the WBC.
"Future Stars Baseball will top things off with a 42-card insert set
titled Clear Path to History Triple Signatures," said Chris Kollmeyer,
Associate Baseball Product Manager for Baseball at Upper Deck. "These
triple autograph cards will fall one per case on average."
Hobby Product Highlights:
* Featuring five Rookie signature cards on clear PETG per box on
* All unsigned cards printed on vibrant rainbow board
* Each pack will get either a signature or a serial numbered
* Find a rookie signature parallel with red ink numbered to 35
per case on average
* Look for cards from top foreign stars from the World Baseball
* Look for rare hot boxes with either a red ink signature or a
1/1 printing plate in each pack
* Look for Clear Path to History Triple Signatures
Autographs: five signatures per box on average!
* Clear Path to Greatness Signatures – An 84-card subset featuring
the top rookies or young stars in the league on clear PETG with limited
Red Ink parallel version numbered to 35.
* Clear Path to History Signatures – 42-card triple autograph
insert featuring rookies and veterans
* Quad Star Signatures – Featuring the biggest stars in the game
Box Break: Inserted six per box on average
* World Baseball Classic Future Stars – A 25-card insert featuring
the brightest young players from around the world printed on vibrant
* Plate Cards – Limited quantities
Base Set: Look for nine numbered parallels per box on average
* 75-Card Regular set, containing only the top players in the
league today all printed on vibrant foil board with parallels numbered
to 1799, 499, 299, 99, 50 and 35.