The Minnesota Twins seem to have the right idea when it comes to their annual winter fan fest, one that shows collectors and dealers some love.
The Minnesota Twins will kick off their 50th season of baseball in Minnesota with TwinsFest 2010 on Friday Jan., 29 to Sunday Jan., 31 at the Metrodome.
TwinsFest 2010 will include three days of baseball memorabilia sales, autograph opportunities featuring more than 40 current and former Twins players, an auction and interactive games.
Twins players are expected to appear throughout the course of the weekend. A complete list of players attending will be released in the coming weeks on in the coming weeks. TwinsFest 2010 will feature many new and returning attractions including:
* An inside look at Target Field – from the Metropolitan Club to the Budweiser Roof Deck to Hrbek’s and more.
* An exhibit by Twins curator Clyde Doepner "New Beginnings: 1961 Metropolitan Stadium. . .1982 H.H.H. Metrodome. . .2010 Target Field.
* A National Baseball Hall of Fame exhibit celebrating the 50th season of Twins baseball.
* The Upper Midwest’s largest baseball card show.
* A baseball skills area featuring speed pitch, Home Run Derby, MLB yard ball, batting cages and more.
* Silent and live auctions of rare sports collectibles (live auction begins at 2 p.m. on Sunday).
Current players/coaches scheduled to appear include: Rick Anderson, Scott Baker, Joe Benson, Nick Blackburn, David Bromberg, Alex Burnett, Jesse Crain, Michael Cuddyer, Robert Delaney, Brian Duensing, Ron Gardenhire, Toby Gardenhire, Kyle Gibson, Matt Guerrier, Carlos Gutierrez, J.J. Hardy, Brendan Harris, B.J. Hermsen, Aaron Hicks, Jason Kubel, Francisco Liriano, Jeff Manship, Joe Mauer, Jose Mijares, Jose Morales, Justin Morneau, Joe Nathan, Pat Neshek, Chris Parmelee, Carl Pavano, Glen Perkins, Trevor Plouffe, Nick Punto, Jon Rauch, Ben Revere, Anthony Slama, Kevin Slowey, Denard Span, Rick Stelmaszek, Anthony Swarzak, Matt Tolbert, Steve Tolleson, Scott Ullger, Danny Valencia, Joe Vavra, Jerry White and Delmon Young.
Former players scheduled to appear include Juan Berenguer, Bert Blyleven, Rod Carew, Dan Gladden, Dave Goltz, Kent Hrbek, Tom Kelly, Harmon Killebrew, Corey Koskie, Gene Larkin, Tim Laudner, Scott Leius, Paul Molitor, Jack Morris, Tony Oliva, Greg Olson, Terry Steinbach, Dick Stigman and Kevin Tapani.
TwinsFest, one of the largest team-run fan festivals in professional sports, is an annual fund-raiser for the Minnesota Twins Community Fund. Since its inception in 1989, TwinsFest has raised more than $3.9 million for programs and organizations supported by the Twins Community Fund.
Tickets for TwinsFest 2010 to be held at the Metrodome from Jan. 29-31 are on sale now. TwinsFest admission prices are just $8 for adults and $4 for children 14 and under.
Twins on eBay