Congratulations to Rowena Asuncion who answered all seven of last week’s trivia questions correctly and was chosen in a random drawing among the winning entries. The correct answers are beneath this week’s quiz, which is listed direclty below.
Answer seven questions correctly and you’ll be entered into the drawing for this week’s prize–a 2008 Topps factory set (baseball) courtesy of Blowout Cards. Each answer can be found within the archives of Sports Collectors Daily.
Email your answers to [email protected] by this Sunday night. We’ll announce the winner next Tuesday–and have another contest ready to roll. Here are this week’s questions:
1. Name the artist whose ‘propaganda posters’ appear in the 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights set.
2. Who is the 1970s San Diego Padres player pictured posing for the Topps photographer in the story on Fantography that we brought you back in October of this year?
3. The estate of Roger Maris recently signed a contract with what sports card company?
4. Which player is pictured on what is generally considered the first football card ever produced?
5. What Canadian city hosted a big card show back in September and name three of the autograph guests.
6. What’s the name of the new autographed baseball holder that debuted at the National Sports Collectors Convention?
How much did Kobe Bryant’s jersey worn in game 3 of the NBA Finals sell for?
Last week’s questions and answers:
) What famous basketball card is being sold in the Memory Lane auction?
1948 Bowman George Mikan rookie card PSA Gem Mint 10
2) At its Louisville Slugger auction, Hunt Auctions recently sold the collection of a late big league player who had
a huge and lasting impact on the game off the field. Who was it?
3) There’s an effort underway to send sports card packs to troops overseas. What’s the name of the organization that
Upper Deck is working with?
4) Gotta Have It Collectibles recently held an auction that featured a game-worn cap from a former Brooklyn Dodgers
manager. Who was it?
5) Name two of the autograph guests at last weekend’s Philly Sportscard and Memorabilia Show
Cliff Lee and Shane Victorino (other names would have also been acceptable)
6) In 1993, Pacific Sports Promotions produced cards of what future perennial All-Star outfielder in its Hawaiian
Winter League set?
7) How many cards did Upper Deck say its Michael Jordan Legacy set would include when it was introduced last April?