Topps is once again turning the selection of card No. 1 in its flagship baseball set over to collectors and fans.
The company launched the idea in 2016 with Mike Trout winning. Kris Bryant was the fans’ choice for 2017. Both are on the ballot again along with rookie star Aaron Judge and 11 others. You can also write in your own pick for No. 1, which has traditionally been reserved for a top player.
This year voting will take place only over the next few days, ending on Friday, October 6 at 4 p.m. ET via this link.
The winner will be announced a couple of weeks before the release of 2018 Topps Baseball Series 1, which comes out on Jan. 31, 2018.
Topps is also giving away prizes (see below) with winners selected in a random drawing.
Topps is encouraging collectors to “vote and promote” the contest on social media to help get their favorite player featured on Card. No. 1, using the hashtag #ToppsCardNo1.
- 2017 Topps Triple Threads Baseball hobby box
- 2017 Bowman Chrome hobby box
- 2017 Topps Allen & Ginter hobby box
- 2017 Topps Clearly Authentic hobby box
- 2017 Topps Baseball Factory Set
- 2017 Topps Baseball Hobby Continuity Program – Marcus Stroman autograph /25
- 2017 Bowman Platinum – Braxton Garrett 1/1
- 2017 Topps Museum Collection – Alex Gordon dual relic autograph /199
- 2017 Topps Clearly Authentic – Ty Blach autograph
- 2017 Topps Tribute – David Ortiz relic /199