Topps is bringing back a product that’s been on the bench for the last couple of years. 2017 Bowman Mini Chrome Baseball factory sets will be on the market sometime in December.
The set will include players who appeared in the 2017 Bowman and standard size Bowman Chrome sets this year. How many of the borderless cards will be in the base factory set hasn’t been revealed yet and we also don’t know yet how much the sets will cost. We do know they’ll include not only rookie stars like Aaron Judge and Cody Bellinger but also the first Bowman cards of prospects like Ronald Acuna of the Braves and Nick Senzel of the Reds. A preview gallery is below.
So far, there’s no indication Topps will produce the mini set in pack form.
Other than the rookie and prospect cards, the one major incentive for buyers will be the inclusion of three 10-card packs that will contain Refractor parallels. In addition to the standard Refractors, parallels will include:
- Blue Shimmer Refractor: sequentially numbered.
- Green Refractor: sequentially numbered.
- Bowman 70th Logo Refractor: sequentially numbered to 70.
- Gold Refractor: sequentially numbered to 50.
- Orange Refractor: sequentially numbered to 25.
- Red Refractor: sequentially numbered to 10.
- SuperFractor: numbered 1/1.
- Printing Plates: numbered 1/1.
Topps hasn’t indicated where the sets will be sold.