Fresh off its annual Super Bowl Auction in New Orleans, Hunt Auctions is back home in Pennsylvania where the company has launched its second annual Premier February Sports Memorabilia and Card auction. A complete T206 baseball card set (Est. $15,000-20,000), a dual signed Babe Ruth-Lou Gehrig autographed baseball ($10,000-15,000) and a 1936 George Earnshaw St. Louis Cardinals uniform are among the items to be sold (see more in the gallery at the bottom of this story). Bidding will take place online and close with a live event on February 20 at the company’s offices.
The idea of the February Premier auction was to create a similar style offering to the long running Hunt Auctions live events which had taken place at the company’s Philadelphia location for over 15 years until their discontinuation several years ago. Based on the notably positive bidder and consignor input from the inaugural 2012 event they anticipate the February premier auction event to become a permanent part of their annual schedule.
“When we were discussing ideas to celebrate our 20th year in business last year it felt natural to try to create an auction event that captured the ‘ambience’ of our Pennsylvania based live auctions which had been discontinued several years ago,” stated President David Hunt. “Equally important was to ensure that this event would be consistent with our current Internet/Telephone auction platform. The result was incredibly well received and we are happy to present this second installment of the annual event.”
Other items up for bid include:
• Babe Ruth inscribed display piece w/Home Run hitter notation (Est. $3,000-$4,000)
• 1928 Phila. Athletics autographed baseball with Babe Ruth (Est. $3,000-$5,000)
• Hank Greenberg professional model bat signed by 1935 Tigers team (Est. $2,000-$4,000)
• William “Dummy” Hoy single signed baseball (Est. $2,000-$4,000)
• Spalding store display baseball bat rack c.1920s (Est. $2,000-$3,000)
• 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth 353: PSA 5 EX (Est. $5,000-$7,500)
• Babe Ruth single signed baseball (Est. $3,000-$5,000)
• 1950 Bowman baseball card set (Est. $2,000-$4,000)
• 1973 Topps baseball card unopened wax box (Est. $2,000-$4,000)
• Superb Thomas Edison autographed studio portrait (Est. $4,000-$6,000)
Bidding is underway online at www.huntauctions.com and will close on Wednesday February 13. A special preview party event will be held on Monday February 18 from 12 noon until 8pm at Hunt Auctions Exton, PA offices. Please RSVP if interested in attending. For auction inquiries, bidding, or preview party RSVP please contact [email protected] or call 610.524.0822.
[…] set may be, collectors still like to chase the other 500 cards. Hunt Auctions will test the market when it offers a full set missing the 'big four' later this […]