Some auction company representatives have stopped collecting themselves but not David Kohler. The the president of SCP Auctions is always on the lookout for new items to add to his ‘Laker Shrine’ and Friday he scored quite a haul. Kohler acquired more than 40 pieces of the Elgin Baylor collection in an auction conducted Friday in Los Angeles by Juliens Auctions.
“As the gatekeeper of the most extensive collection of Lakers memorabilia – ‘The Laker Shrine’ – it is an honor and a thrill to be able to add some of Elgin Baylor’s Lakers memorabilia to the collection,” Kohler said. . “Elgin has always been one of my all-time favorite players of the many Laker greats. These items represent a treasure trove from the career of one of the most outstanding players in Los Angeles Lakers and NBA history.”
Following are highlights of the Elgin Baylor pieces acquired by Kohler for “The Laker Shrine,” the most extensive Laker memorabilia collection in the world dating to the origin of the franchise in Minneapolis:
- NBA 50 Greatest Players Ring – $53,125
- 1971-72 Lakers NBA World Championship Ring – $132,000
- NBA 50 Greatest Players Signed Lithograph $53,125
- Game-Worn Los Angeles Lakers Warm-Up Suit – $21,250
- 1959 NBA All-Star Game MVP Trophy – $43,750
- Game-Worn Los Angeles Lakers Warm-Up Jacket – $20,000
- 1959 NBA All-Star Game Trophy – $9,375
- 1969 NBA All-Star Game Trophy – $10,000
- Game-Worn Bronzed Shoes – $8,750
- 14K Gold NBA Lifetime Pass – $6,250
You can visit the Kohler collection via this video.