In the end, there was no doubt. Shane Victorino’s latest big post-season hit and some exceptional pitching put an end to any hopes of a Game 7 with the N.L. Champs on Halloween night. Collectors and fans are now honing in on items associated with the Red Sox. eBay was doing a brisk business and other sites selling sports memorabilia also came prepared.
A look at some 2013 Red Sox World Series memorabilia facts and figures:
- Ticket stubs from Wednesday night’s Game 6 were being offered on eBay for $100.
- World Series programs were selling for $15-20
- Red Sox team signed baseballs had been selling for $325-360 prior to the clinching game
- Moments after the final out, Steiner Sports had launched a special Red Sox section on its website with signed memorabilia, photos and other items up for sale at various prices. You can see what they have here. Use the discount code SPORTS20 to get 20% off or GET50OFF to get $50 off $250.
- Press pins from the Series were brisk sellers in the $125-150 range
- World Series MVP David Ortiz has a 1996 minor league card from his days in the Seattle Mariners organization. You can buy them for $35-45 but they aren’t very prevalent on eBay–yet.
- An international star may have been born in the form of closer Koji Uehara. nearly 800 Uehara items were on eBay as of early Thursday.
- One of the more unique baseball cards featuring Uehara was this this triple autograph card from with Uehara, Disuke Matsuzaka and Junichi Tazawa.