A 1954 Bowman Willie Mays sold for a record $93,146 late Saturday night as Lelands closed out its first ever Focus Auction, focused on higher end items.
The card is one of 19 graded at the mint level by PSA with none higher. It was one of several high end Mays cards offered from a private collection. Mint 9 copies of the 1952 Berk Ross ($73,716) and 1957 Topps ($63,045) also found new homes.
The top selling item in the auction was one of the 100 2000 Playoff Contenders Championship Ticket #144 Tom Brady Rookie Autograph cards ( #6/100) graded PSA Authentic with a 10 autograph grade that hammered at $203,181.
A one-of-a-kind program from Wilt Chamberlain’s 100-point game in 1962, signed by the late Hall of Famer, together with a ticket stub from the historic contest in Hershey, PA, soared to $99,293.
One of the two highest graded tickets from Michael Jordan’s October 1984 NBA debut sold for $65,485.
Lelands’ collection of current era cards was topped by the 2021 National Treasures Patch Autograph Red #156 Trevor Lawrence Laundry Tag Rookie Patch Autograph. Carrying a PSA 8/10 grade, the 1/1 card sold for $67,562.
Other sales included:
- 2017 National Treasures Holo Silver Patrick Mahomes Rookie Patch Autograph Card #1/25 BGS NM-MT+ 8.5 Auto 10 $62,366
- 2018 National Treasures Football Josh Allen RPA Rookie Patch Autograph Card #55/99 BGS MINT 9 Auto 10 $60,043
- 2013 Bowman Chrome Draft Pick Autographs Gold Refractor Aaron Judge Rookie Autograph #01/50 BGS PRISTINE 10 – Auto 10 (Pop 1 of 3) $45,728
- 2020 National Treasures Football Holo Gold Joe Burrow RPA Rookie Patch Autograph #6/10 BGS MINT 9 Auto 10 $45,486
- 1952 Topps ’04 Topps Originals Buyback #261 Willie Mays Signed Rookie Card #1/1 SGC EX-MT 6 – Auto 10 $43,320
Complete results can be found here.