Wheatland Auctions is offering another selection of material from the remarkable collection of “Uncle Jimmy” Micioni in its current online catalog.
The late New Jersey collector’s stash included hundreds of autographed baseball cards dating back to the 1930s including multiple high quality examples of Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig Goudey issues. Some sold this summer but the new auction includes over 100 more including two Ruths, a Gehrig and two of Jimmie Foxx.
There’s a #144 ’33 Goudey Ruth that ranks as the highest of six graded examples on PSA’s Population Report. The card carries a current high bid of $125,000. The #181 Ruth offered in the auction carries an 8 autograph grade and has a current high bid of $120,000. The #160 Gehrig, also with an autograph grade of 8, is the best of only three rated by PSA and stands at $115,000.
The auction also includes signed Goudey card of Dizzy Dean, Carl Hubbell and other stars and commons acquired by Micioni, a lifelong collector who passed away recently. His family consigned his massive collection of cards, autographs, photos and other baseball memorabilia to Wheatland.
Other items in the auction include:
- Complete and near-complete sets including 1948 Bowman, 1956 Topps, 1963 Topps, 1964 Topps, 1961 Fleer, 1963 Fleer, 1961 Golden Press, 1970-1980 (including multiples of some of these years)/
- High grade 1960s vintage cards include 1963 Topps Pete Rose rookie PSA 8, 1963 Topps Willie Stargell RC PSA 8, 1968 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA 8.5
- Vintage cards from 1909-1960s, including T206s (Walter Johnson, John McGraw, Hughie Jennings),1939-40 Play Ball including DiMaggio and Williams rookie cards
- Vintage bobbleheads from the 1960s-1970s
- An assortment of Type 1 & 2 vintage photographs of baseball greats.
- Two 1986-87 Fleer Michael Jordan Rookie Cards (PSA 6.5 & 8) and two near sets
- Modern rookie cards including Mike Trout, Tom Brady, LeBron James, Joe Burrow and a 2019-20 Panini Contenders Optic Basketball Zion Williamson Rookie Ticket Red Variation Autograph Card #04/49
- Graded & ungraded cards, primarily baseball, spanning from the 1950s through the 1980s.
- Autographed single & multi signed baseballs include Mickey Mantle, Billy Martin
- Sealed wax boxes include 1989 UD Baseball, 1982 Fleer Baseball, 1987 Topps Baseball Sealed Case, 1990 Fleer Basketball sealed case.
The auction runs through Sunday at WheatlandAuctionServices.com.