A 2002 Team Canada Olympic jersey signed by Wayne Gretzky as well as a small group of game-used sticks and team jerseys will be unloaded to raise money for charity.
The Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation will launch a new online auction on Wednesday, January 31st, to raise funds for the Heart & Stroke Foundation of Alberta and two other charities. The online auction will run in conjunction with the EOCF’s annual Valentine’s Puck Surprise on February 11th, when the Oilers Ladies will sell autographed pucks to raise funds for the charity.
The online auction will go live at 12:00 Noon (MST) on Wednesday, January 31st, and features 24 lots of exclusive Oilers collectibles, including:
- Game Worn Jerseys from Ryan Smyth, Jason Smith and Ethan Moreau
- A selection of Autographed Game Used Sticks, Gloves and Helmets from Jarret Stoll, Shawn Horcoff, Joffrey Lupul, Ferando Pisani, Steve Staios, Raffi Torres, Marc-Andre Bergeron and Jussi Markkanen
- 2006 Stanley Cup Finals Edmonton Oilers Team Signed Replica Jersey
- #11 Oilers Vintage Replica Jersey signed by Mark Messier
- 2002 Olympics Team Canada Framed Jersey signed by Wayne Gretzky, Kevin Lowe, Ryan Smyth and Eric Brewer.
- Pair of Terrace Level tickets for the February 27th Oilers game versus the Phoenix Coyotes, featuring the Mark Messier Jersey Retirement Ceremony
- Game Used Puck from the Edmonton Oilers 1,000th Franchise NHL Win
A complete list of all 24 lots will be available Wednesday at noon, where fans can also bid on their favorite items. Bidding deadlines range from February 6th – 11th, 2007.