Mile High Card Company has opened its Extra Innings Auction with over 500 lots available.
Among the highlights is a higher grade 1962 Topps near set, including all green tint and pose variations and multiple complete vintage baseball card sets.
Other high-profile offerings that launched Monday include a 1934 Goudey #37 Lou Gehrig PSA 2.5, a complete set of 1970 2019 Hanes Michael Jordan cards, multiple 1986-87 Fleer Jordan rookie cards including a BGS 8, complete sets of 1958 and 1959 Topps baseball, near sets of ’60 and ’61 Topps, a 1980 Topps baseball unopened box and other vintage unopened material as well as numerous T205 baseball cards.
The auction is a prelude to the company’s next major catalog sale in August, which features a T206 Honus Wagner. Consignments are still being accepted.
Some interesting tidbits regarding sales of Jordan and other sports trading cards on eBay:
- In the past ten years, over 82 million baseball cards have been sold via eBay.
- Sales for Michael Jordan cards increased over 300 percent in March-May 2020 vs October-December of last year.
- More than twice as many Jordan cards sold on eBay in April than in March
- There have been over 500,000 searches for baseball cards this year alone.
- Baseball cards still dominate trading card searches compared to other sports—more than twice as many, in fact, as football and 98 percent more than basketball
The print run for card #123 in Topps Project 2020 (issued last Friday) was the first to fall under 5,000 since card #64 was issued at the beginning of May. You can track all of the print runs and see the secondary market for all cards here.
Two more cards were issued Monday.