One of the 11 1955 Topps Roberto Clemente rookie cards graded PSA 9 sold for $1,000,050 late Thursday night.
The card was one of the headliners in PWCC’s September Premier Auction.
The price nearly matched the record for a PSA 9 was set in March of 2021 when Goldin sold the same card for $1.1 million.
Also sold Thursday night:
*2003 Exquisite Collection Number Pieces Michael Jordan Patch Auto /23 BGS 9.5 (BGS Population 1 of 2) $456,000
*2003 Exquisite Noble Nameplate Michael Jordan Patch Auto #/25 PSA 10 (Population 1/1) $456,000
*2003 Topps Chrome Gold Refractor LeBron James Rookie #/50 PSA 9 MINT (Population 1 of 9 – Nine Higher) $288,000
*2003 Exquisite Emblems Of Endorsement Michael Jordan Patch Auto #/15 BGS 9 (Population 1 of 5) $264,000
Total auction sales were $15,950,400.
- Biggest return since IPO has been in the trimmed T206 Honus Wagner card, which is trading up 500% since its January 2020 IPO
- 80% of the investors in those cards are aged 25-44.
- The biggest gainers so far have been a PSA 8 1956 Mickey Mantle (+118.8% TYD), a PSA 7 T206 Ty Cobb (+60% YTD), and the SGC 7 1952 Mickey Mantle (+51.83% YTD)
- The average age of an investor in the best performing vintage asset (1956 Topps Mantle) is 31.
- Median income of owners of these cards is just under $100,000 per year
- Only two cards in the oldest group of vintage cards on Rally are trading below their IPO value.
Days after his biggest game as a pro so far, the 2020 Panini Prizm Black Finite Tua Tagovailoa 1/1 rookie card has been pulled.
A breaker known as Sweet Rips landed it on behalf of a collector out of a First Off the Line box this week.
As of now, it’s a six-figure card.