Just 23 days after it opened, a hobby shop in Redding, CA was burglarized about 3:20 AM last Friday.
A person wearing a medical mask smashed the front door of HnB Collectibles, crawled in and got away with about $15,000 worth of cards and other items.
The suspect was in the store for several minutes and was gone before police arrived. Multiple security cameras inside the shop captured the entire burglary.
Owners Blake Schlinger and Hope Marshall told a local TV station the thief took boxes of single cards and unopened product but they were still tallying up what was stolen. The thief left quite a mess:
In the Berkshires, Brian Lefebvre is fulfilling his dream of opening a shop. BPL Sports Cards & Collectables in North Adams, MA is open.
After losing his wife to breast cancer late last year, he found a new perspective on time.
“I don’t want to wait the next decade saying, ‘What if?’ Life is too short to not try,” he told reporter Jack Guerino for this story.
A group of collectors is hoping to raise money for a children’s charity through a special sale of wax boxes and packs donated by their fellow hobbyists.
Now in its third year, the holiday event was conceived by group member David Eisenberg and is being coordinated through the Vintage Wax and Packs Facebook group.
Last year’s sale raised nearly $4,000 and organizers are hoping to increase that by at least $1,000 this year. Proceeds will benefit the John Theissen Children’s Foundation.
Among the items already scheduled to be offered: 1984 and ’85 Topps Baseball rack pack boxes, a graded 1982 OPC hockey wax pack, 1989 Upper Deck Baseball boxes, a 1989 OPC hockey box and gift certificates donated by Robert Edward Auctions and Mile High Card Company.
Organizers hoping collectors and dealers will consider tax deductible donations of packs or boxes to be placed in the online sale, which will take place next month.
Bidding for the 62nd home run ball his by Aaron Judge to break the American League record got underway Tuesday with the opening bid of $1 million placed shortly thereafter.
The ball was caught by a Texas businessman sitting in the seats at Globe Life Field in Arlington, TX. Cory Youmans enlisted the help of an attorney and then weighed his options before consigning it to Goldin.
The auction will run through Dec. 17.
Goldin’s first ever World Cup auction is into its final week with more than 1,300 soccer items including rare trading cards, game worn jerseys and other memorabilia.
- Diego Maradona Game-Used, Photo-Matched Argentina Primary Jersey From 1982 FIFA World Cup vs. El Salvador
- 1958-59 Pelé Rookie Card
- Jose Maria Rodrigues Alves (Ze Maria) 1970 World Cup Brazil Champions Medal
- 2004-05 Panini Megacracks Barcelona Lionel Messi Rookie Card
- One-of-a-kind Kylian Mbappé Paris Saint-Germain Autographs SuperFractor Signed Trading Card
- 2017-18 Topps Chrome UEFA Champions League Cristiano Ronaldo Card
- 2014 Panini Prizm World Cup Gold Power Prizm Lionel Messi card
- Erling Haaland Game-worn Manchester City Jersey vs. Newcastle
- Lionel Messi Game-worn Paris Saint-Germain Jersey vs. Toulouse FC
- Other game-worn jerseys from legends and current stars including: Mbappe, Pelé, Neymar, Ronaldinho and others