One of hockey’s all-time greats is putting a large chunk of his memorabilia collection up for auction.
Hall of Famer Bob Gainey, a five-time Stanley Cup champion as a player with the Montreal Canadiens, has consigned championship rings, game-worn jerseys, trophies and other memorabilia to Classic Auctions, which will offer them in its Spring catalog.
Gainey’s time as a player and later GM will both be represented, with his 1975-76 Montreal Canadiens Stanley Cup championship ring and 1998-99 Dallas Stars Stanley Cup championship ring offered, along with a number of Stanley Cup trophies presented to the former captain.
Gainey’s photo-matched 1988-89 Montreal Canadiens game-worn Stanley Cup finals captain’s jersey will be among the top game-used items, along with additional jerseys including those from from the 1976 Canada Cup and 1982 World Championships.
Among the Gainey Collection highlights:
- 1975-76 Montreal Canadiens Stanley Cup Championship Ring
- 1985-86 Montreal Canadiens Stanley Cup Championship Ring
- 1978-79 Montreal Canadiens Stanley Cup Championship Trophy
- 1977 NHL All-Star Game Wales Conference Game-Worn Jersey
- 1988-89 Montreal Canadiens Game-Worn Stanley Cup Finals Captain’s Jersey
- 1979-80 Montreal Canadiens Frank J. Selke Trophy