Last week, we wrote about Josh Hamilton’s amazing start, but cautioned those ready to put money into the market. Not necessarily because of his battle with alcoholism, but more because his breakout is probably coming too late to put together a Hall of Fame career that often cements a player’s long term value.
It seems as if dealers of autographs, game-used memorabilia and other items are indeed experiencing some caution from the public about jumping feet first onto the Hamilton bandwagon. Check out CNBC.com.
The Baltimore Orioles will host a special Military Appreciation day on Sunday, May 27 for their game against the Kansas City Royals. All Orioles uniformed personnel will wear special jerseys with the Orioles script in camouflage and numbers and names in dark green. The game-worn jerseys will be autographed, authenticated and auctioned off at www.orioles.com/military to benefit the Fort Meade Alliance’s Foundation.
The Fort Meade Alliance is an independent community organization designed to promote the well being in the Baltimore area. The alliance’s foundation is undertaking a fundraising effort to support resiliency programs for military, civilians, and their families at Ft. Meade.
The online auction will begin on Sunday, May 27 at noon and will conclude Sunday, June 3 at 11:59 p.m.
Legendary Auctions has launched the second part of a long-running series of auctions featuring items from the Dreier Collection, a massive accumulation of sports memorabilia that had been owned by California residents Chad and Doug Dreier. Among the highlights:
- Rare 1948 Leaf #50 Rocky Graziano – SGC 50 VG/EX 4
- 1917 E135 Collins-McCarthy #147 Babe Ruth – PSA VG-EX+ 4.5 (current bid $32,500)
- Rare 1952 F219-2 Royal Pudding #6 George Mikan Card on Full, Unopened Box of Royal “Custard Flavor” Mix – The Only Known Example
- Key Rarity 1933 Goudey #106 Napoleon Lajoie – PSA VG-EX 4
- The Finest 1937 Mayfair Candies Complete Set (24) – #1 on the PSA Set Registry
- 1951 Mickey Mantle Original News Service Photo Used to Create His 1952 Topps Card – PSA DNA Type I
Bidding closes May 30-31.