One of the well-known 1996 NBA "50 Greatest Players" autographed lithographs has sold in American Memorabilia’s October auction.
Ten years after it’s issue, the autographed 1996 NBA "50 Greatest Players" lithograph remains a highly prized –and very expensive piece.
Field of Dreams produced the work, which features the 50 players voted to be the greatest in the NBA’s first 50 years. The all-time team had been announced in conjunction with the league’s 50th anniversary celebration in 1996.
49 of the 50 signed the piece, the only exception being the missing signature of the late Pete Maravich. 100 signed lithos were produced. The offered litho was consigned by an unknown NBA player, who offered a letter of authentication. The signatures had been graded PSA/DNA Gem Mint 10.
Other highlights from the auction:
- 1991-92 Wayne Gretzky LA Kings jersey with LOA from the family $30,581
- 1960s Chuck Bednarik game-used jersey $29,546
- 1965 Roberto Clemente All Star game-used bat $14,266
- Rogers Hornsby game-used bat $6060
- 1973-75 Hank Aaron game-used bat $4334
- Baseball signed by Jimmie Foxx, Ted Williams & Bobby Doerr $3489