With a new season on the horizon, Major League Baseball has dipped back into the milestone moments of 2008 for its latest game-used gear auction.
Bidding is under way on a lengthy list of game-used items in Major League Baseball’s 2008 Year in Review auction, stocked with memorabilia from milestone games and events that took place during the year.
Among the items up for bid:
- Base from Manny Ramirez’s 500th homer game.
- Ball from Derek Jeter’s 2500th hit game
- 1st base from first game at Nationals Park in Washington, March 30
- Ball from Ichiro’s 200th hit game
- Ball from Chipper Jones’ 400th homer game
- Game-used baseball from Jay Bruce’s 1st career game
- Ball from Greg Maddux 350th win/Trevor Hoffman’s 530th career save
- Lineup card from Johan Santana 10 strikeout victory vs Mets at Shea
- Jose Reyes 200th hit of season bat
- Game-used baseballs from Division Series and Championship Series
With the exception of the Reyes bat, most of the memorabilia is not from the actual milestone, but rather items used during the course of the game. Bidding for the Nationals’ base was at $335 as of late Wednesday night.