A 1948 Bowman Stan Musial rookie card graded PSA 9 sold for $45,289 as a pair of catalog auctions closed early Friday morning. Colorado-based Mile High Card Company sold the Musial as part of its’ fall auction. The realized price surpassed the previous record of $32,587 set two years ago.
A 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle graded SGC 60 (EX) sold in the same auction for $41,752 while the finest known set of the ultra-rare 1971-72 Bazooka hockey panels brought $29,693 including the buyer’s premium.
Other highlights included:
- 1969 Topps Reggie Jackson rookie card PSA 9 $28,211
- 1965 Topps Joe Namath rookie card SGC 92 $27,799
- 1933 Goudey Lou Gehrig PSA 8 $25,628
- 1958 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA 9 $21,226
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield set. Rated #4 on PSA Registry with 9.63 GPA (466 cards graded 10) $21,048
A 1986-87 Fleer basketball unopened wax box, likely containing at least three Michael Jordan rookie cards, soared to $46,605 in Huggins and Scott’s final sale of 2016 while a 1979 Topps baseball unopened vending case will change hands for $10,636.
The auction included several top pieces of memorabilia including a 1920s Babe Ruth Kork-Grip game model bat that sold for $25,991, one of the two known single-signed Moe Berg baseballs ($17,029) and a few different turn of the 20th century Cincinnati Reds sterling silver season passes. The 1899 pass led the way with a realized price of 411,472.