A PSA 9 1915 Cracker Jack Ty Cobb, a 1916 Famous & Barr Babe Ruth rookie card and a mint Hank Aaron rookie are among the vintage trading cards up for grabs in the Heritage Premium Sportscard Auction.
The Cobb is one of only three Mint 9s in existence and carries a current high bid of $190,000 with 11 days left in the bidding. It’s expected the card will sell for at least $300,000, according to auction estimates.
The auction includes six 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle cards in varying grades including a PSA 7 (est. $150,000) and an SGC 84 (est. $140,000).
The ultra-rare 1916 Famous & Barr Ruth is the only example ever graded by SGC (PSA has examined four of them including a PSA 2 which sold for $94,163 at Goodwin & Company early Friday morning). The card at Heritage has already surpassed its $60,000 pre-sale estimate with the current bid at $77,000.
In addition to individual cards, the auction includes one of the hobby’s most sought after unopened wax boxes from the modern era. The 1986 Fleer Basketball Wax Box, already has a high bid of $32,000 and is expected to reach at least $50,000. A 1977 Topps baseball wax box from a sealed case, a rare 1991 Topps Desert Shield wax box and a 2003-04 Upper Deck Exquisite basketball unopened box are also being offered.
Other featured listings in the auction include:
- 1954 Topps Hank Aaron #128 rookie PSA Mint 9 (est. $200,000+)
- 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth #149 PSA 8 (est. $120,000+)
- 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle #253 rookie SGC 88 (est. $100,000+)
- 1998 Playoff Contender Rookie Ticket Autographed Peyton Manning #87 rookie PSA Gem Mint 10 (est. $30,000+)
- 1984-85 Star Co. Michael Jordan #101 BGS Mint 9 (est. $30,000+)
Bidding continues through June 29.