Built over several decades, one of the best accumulations of New York Yankees memorabilia ever assembled is about to sold at auction. The private collection, including nearly 350 lots encompassing the entire history of the franchise will be sold through SCP Auctions beginning next month.
Many of the items in what’s dubbed the Pinstripe Dynasty Collection have never been offered through the hobby before while others have been in the anonymous consignor’s possession for decades.
At the heart of the million dollar collection is an incredible run of Yankees team-signed baseballs from 1923 to present, highlighted by high quality examples from key seasons such as 1923, 1927, 1932 and 1951. In addition, there are hundreds of single-signed baseballs – offered singularly and in groups – demonstrating the collector’s relentless pursuit of an autograph from every player ever to don pinstripes.
The true character of the museum-worthy collection is its “scope and diversity,” according to SCP. There are dozens of original photographs (many Type I and autographed), game used jerseys, bats and caps, notable awards, player and manager contracts, tickets, programs and other ephemera with the common thread of quality and historical relevance.
Yankee legends from every era – from Murderer’s Row to the Bronx Bombers to the Bronx Zoo – are represented including Ruth, Gehrig, Dickey, DiMaggio, Berra, Ford, Mantle, Maris, Munson, Mattingly, Jeter and Rivera. A photo gallery featuring some of the items is below.
Among the highlights:
- 1920 Miller Huggins Signed Managerial Contract: $15,000+
- 1927 World Champions Team Signed Ball (21 autographs): $40,000+
- Bill Dickey’s 1928 World Champions Hamilton Wristwatch: $75,000+
- Late 1920’s Bill Dickey Rookie-Era Game Used Cap: $30,000+
- 1928-30 Lou Gehrig Game Used H&B Pro Model Bat (PSA/DNA GU7.5): $100,000+
- 1933 Lou Gehrig Signed Charles Conlon Type I Photo (Goudey card photo): $25,000+
- 1942 George Selkirk Game Worn Home Jersey (Last to don Ruth’s retired #3): $20,000+
- 1944-47 Babe Ruth Autographed H&B Signature Model Bat (PSA/DNA Mint 9): $90,000+
- 1952 World Champions Team Signed Panoramic (31 autographs): $30,000+
- 1957 Mickey Mantle Signed Player Contract (Mantle estate): $40,000+
- Moose Skowron’s 1958 World Championship Ring: $30,000+
- Bobby Richardson’s 1963 Gold Glove Award: $12,000+
Online bidding opens Wednesday, June 5 and closes Saturday, June 22 at www.scpauctions.com.
You can check out some of the items below and see the entire catalog here.