Babe Ruth memorabilia and the usual array of high-grade vintage sports cards highlight Mastro Auctions’ December Premier catalog sale.
Sports collectors looking to buy themselves an early Christmas present should have no trouble finding something of interest when the second of two major sports memorabilia events conducted by Mastro Auctions takes place next month.
Set to conclude just a week and a half after the Live Legends sale in New York, the Premier Auction brings a phone book-sized array of sports and Americana items to the block.
A collection of personally autographed Babe Ruth memorabilia has already been disclosed as the focal point of the sale, but there are other historic pieces available as well.
Several vintage baseball items will be among the offerings including an early 1952 Mickey Mantle game-used bat. The autographed Hillerich & Bradsby M110 signature model stick was used by Mantle in his first full season in the major leagues. Minimum bid on the bat is $10,000.
Other game-used bats include:
- 1924 Babe Ruth (PSA 10, Mears A-10)
- Ted Williams H&B from his managing years (1969-72)
- Duke Snider 1950s H&B (PSA 5)
- Hack Wilson 1932 H&B (PSA 6)
A high grade 1971 Topps baseball set leads the vintage sports card section. The set includes 96 graded cards including 58 PSA 9s and a PSA 10 Ernie Banks (1/1).
Other vintage baseball cards available include:
- 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth #53 (PSA 7)
- 1952 Topps #407 Ed Mathews (GAI 8.5)
- T206 White Border collection of 96 PSA 5s
- 1963 Fleer Set completely graded
- 1933 Goudey R319 partial set (170/239) with 2 Ruths
- 1931 W517 uncut panel candy store strip card set
- 1965 Topps baseball set (each card a PSA 8)
- T206 near set (520 of 524)
- 1910 D322 Tip Top Pirates set (#1 on SGC Registry)
- 1940 Play Ball set missing 4 cards
- 1887 Old Judge Cabinet Cap Anson
- 1956 Topps high grade set with both checklists
Several vintage signed baseballs and other autographed items including some high grade Ruth and Gehrig balls will be on the block. The list is highlighted by:
- Single-signed Babe Ruth OAL ball (PSA/DNA 8)
- Ruth/Gehrig signed ball
- Ruth single-signed ball
- 29 PSA 9 graded Ty Cob signed checks
- 1949 Bowman baseball set with 215 autographed
Other baseball memorabilia offered includes:
- 2003 Florida Marlins World Series ring (from scout)
- Tim Raines’ 1998 Yankees World Series trophy
- 1884 Climax Tobacco advertising print
- 1976 game-worn Hank Aaron jersey
- 1980 George Brett game-worn jersey
Among the football memorabilia is the #1 PSA rated 1894 N302 Mayo Cut Plug football near set (34 of 35 cards). This highly rare lot carries a $10,000 minimum bid. Other football, basketball and hockey memorabilia includes:
- Mid-1960s Mike Ditka Bears game-worn jersey
- Lynn Thomas 1981 49ers Super Bowl ring
- 1997 Chicago Bulls NBA Championship ring (executive)
- Pete Maravich 1977 game-worn jersey
- John Havlicek signed game-worn jersey
- 1963-64 Parkhurst hockey set (#3 on PSA Registry)
- 1972-73 Topps hockey set (#2 on PSA Registry)
Bidding begins December 1 and closes December 17 and 18.