A BGS 7 copy of the 2000 Playoff Contenders Championship Ticket Tom Brady Rookie Autograph sold for $513,102 as Lelands closed out its Spring Classic Auction. Carrying a 10 autograph grade, the card was making its auction debut and generated 12 bids before the auction closed early Sunday.
Another auction highlight was an SGC 1.5 example of the 1916 Babe Ruth M101-5 Blank Back rookie card which sold for $244,489. One of the hobby’s most important issues, the card depicts Ruth as a young pitching phenom for the Red Sox prior to becoming “The Sultan of Swat” with the Yankees.
Another six-figure item was a LeBron James Lakers City Edition game-worn jersey worn during two Lakers games in December of this season 2021. The MeiGray authenticated purple and white jersey netted $120,076.
Other key items included
- Michael Jordan Signed 1986 Fleer Rookie ($70,940)
- Tigers Woods’ signed badges from all five of his Masters victories ($52,937)
- Wilt Chamberlain 100-point game ticket ($51,648)
- 2022 Steph Curry photo-matched Warriors game-worn jersey ($38,167)
- 1998-1999 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems #53 Kobe Bryant #5/50 BGS MINT 9 (Pop 1 of 3) $114,943
- 1941 “Babe Ruth-Ty Cobb Charity Golf Match” Ticket – Signed by Ruth & Cobb ($24,510)
Complete results can be found here.