The answer to a strangely popular Google question–and more trivia.
Some quick trivia as spring training opens including a question that is apparently puzzling kids all over the world (the # of teams in the AL question is a very popular question in the search engines).
1. Without looking, how many teams are there in the American League?
2. Without looking, how many teams are there in the National League?
3. When was the first World Series played?
4. Who owns the most MLB World Series titles?
5. Who played in the 1979 World Series?
Interesting dialogue here about fake autographs and certain authenticators. It’s a very long message board thread, but if you pick through it, there are some very revealing posts. While most seasoned collectors know to be wary of autographs sold at prices too good to be true, some collecting newcomers or those not internet savvy enough to read about the widespread fraud in this part of the hobby are getting ripped off.
Trivia Answers: 1) 14 2) 16 3) 1903 4)Yankees with 26 5) Pirates vs Orioles