Vintage card collectors looking to upgrade their sets will have a chance to do that—and then some– when Memory Lane kicks off its Summer Break Auction beginning July 25. Several high-grade complete and near complete sets will be broken up and sold card by card including:
- 1952 Topps. The set includes PSA 7 (near mint) examples of the coveted Mickey Mantle and Eddie Mathews cards.
- 1957 Topps. PSA 9 examples of Mantle, Koufax, Frank and Brooks Robinson rookies and the Don Drysdale rookie. The bulk of the remaining cards also rate mint.
- 1955 and 1956 Topps. Both sets are almost exclusively PSA 8, 9 and 10.
- T205 near set. High-grade with many virtually impossible PSA 8 and 9 grades.
- 1910 E93. All cards in this highly-coveted set carry respectable grades from PSA.
- 1935 National Chicle Football. The first NFL trading card set features a PSA 6 example of the rare Bronko Nagurski card.
Other single cards offered include three 1951 Bowman Mantle rookies including a PSA 7, a 1956 Mantle graded PSA 9, a 1962 Topps Roger Maris (#1) also in mint condition, a 1954 Topps Hank Aaron rookie graded PSA 8, a 1941 Play Ball Joe DiMaggio graded NM/MT+, a 1911-1914 Brunners Bread Ty Cobb, 1911 T3 Turkey Red cabinet Cy Young, Walter Johnson and 20 other cards all graded PSA 5 or 6, a PSA 10 1965 Topps Jim “Catfish” Hunter rookie card and a 1978 Topps Molitor/Trammell rookie in a PSA 10 holder.
If your preference is to buy sets already completed, Memory Lane will have every Topps baseball set made between 1953 and 1980 up for bid. The catalog will have sets, near sets and single cards from all major sports including a fresh-to-the-market consignment of 1961-62 Fleer Basketball cards, with many high-grade examples.
Babe Ruth memorabilia remains the pinnacle of sports collecting and the auction will feature two Type 1 photos of the Sultan of Swat, both 8×10 black and white images authenticated by PSA/DNA. One is the same photo used to create one of his well-known 1933 Goudey baseball cards. In addition, there will be numerous other vintage images offered.
The auction will include some rare non-sports cards and historic items up for bid as well including a 1955 Rails and Sails box, still unopened and authenticated by BBCE.
The auction concludes August 15. For a free catalog and to register for the auction, visit the company’s website or call (877)606-5263.
To see Memory Lane’s eBay listings, click here.
Memory Lane will be at booth #1001 at the National Sports Collectors Convention in Rosemont, IL July 29-August 2.