Heritage Auctions expects to continue to continue its lengthy streak of eight-figure quarterly auctions in mid-November, as nearly 4,000 lots are placed upon the block in a catalog sale that will end over three days, Nov. 16-18.
“We feel that these are the auctions that really help to bring ‘new blood’ into the hobby,” said Chris Ivy, director of Sports Collectibles at Heritage. “Every one of these auctions tends to add a several hundred new bidders to our ranks, and this kind of growth is essential to maintaining the bull market in sports collectibles that has endured for more than a decade now.”
Among the marquee items in the auction are several jerseys expected to sell for six figures including those once donned by Yankee greats Mickey Mantle and Yogi Berra and others by Willie Mays, Ted Williams, Roberto Clemente and Hank Aaron.
Elite trading cards range from popular issues of Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle and Sandy Koufax to mint 9 examples of the rare 1933 Goudey Nap Lajoie (est. $200,000) and the 1952 Jackie Robinson (est. $80,000).
Heritage will sell the only known 1947 Robinson rookie jersey (est. $3 million) in its November 19 “Heroes of Sport” special auction, but this standard three-day event will feature the crowning achievement of his career—the 1962 Hall of Fame plaque presented to him upon his Cooperstown induction (est. $100,000).
Other highlights include:
- 1928-30 “Shoeless Joe” Jackson Signed Batfrom 1918 Chicago White Sox Teammate (est. $200,000)
- 1928 Babe Ruth & Lou Gehrig Dual-Signed Baseball(est. $40,000)
- 1948 Leaf Satchel Paige #8 PSA NM 7(est. $100,000)
- 1955 Ted Williams All-Star Game Used Bat, PSA/DNA GU 10 (est. $150,000)
- 1960 Roberto “Momen” Clemente World Series Game Used Bat, with Clemente Family Letter (est. $50,000)
- 1967-69 Gordie Howe Game Worn Detroit Red Wings Jersey(est. $80,000)
- 1980 Topps Larry Bird/Erving/Magic Johnson, PSA Gem Mint 10 (est. $80,000)
- 1984-85 Star Co. Michael Jordan #101 Signed RookieBGS Mint 9, Autograph 10 (est. $50,000)
- 1990 Super Bowl XXV Lombardi Trophy Presented to Lawrence Taylor, with Player Letter (est. $40,000)
- 1994 Barry Sanders Game Worn Detroit Lions Jersey, Photo Matched with Team Letter (est. $40,000)
The auction is now open for bidding and will close in Extended Bidding format in three separate sessions on November 16-18 at 10 p.m. Central time.