Goldin Auctions will conduct the first of a new “all high-end” series of auctions later this summer.
The company told customers in an email Tuesday that it would be launching the inaugural “Goldin Elite” sale beginning in mid-July because of “overwhelming demand from consignors.”
The auction will be limited to about 100 items with a minimum value of $10,000. Some items will carry pre-sale estimates of as much as $1 million.
Each lot will receive from a half-page to four full pages of coverage in a printed catalog.
Among the items already consigned to the first sale:
- 2003-04 Upper Deck Exquisite #78 LeBron James autographed rookie patch parallel (#14/23) BGS 9.5
- 1996-97 Topps Chrome Kobe Bryant rookie card PSA 10
- 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth PSA 8
- 1986-87 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie card PSA 10
- 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Orange Refractor Auto Mike Trout PSA 10 (only one).
- 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Refractor Trout BGS 10
- Jeff Nelson’s 1998 New York Yankees World Series ring
- Babe Ruth game model bat
- Willie Mays game model bat
Consignments for the first of what will be an ongoing series of Elite auctions will be open until the end of June.
The company’s last auction, completed in late May, generated over $11 million in sales for both vintage and modern cards and other memorabilia.
Their next auction opens June 22.