The first selection of cards from a remarkable one owner collection of Tom Brady cards is now at Heritage Auctions.
The collection, featuring some of the rarest and highest graded Brady cards from his first season with the New England Patriots, will be sold over the course of multiple auctions in the coming months.
The first batch is in the company’s Spring Sports Catalog and includes more than two dozen rookie cards. Seventeen are expected to sell for at least $10,000 each, with a few pushing into six figures.
The collector who consigned the cards is said to be a life long Boston sports fan who embraced Brady early on and wanted to get all of his rookie cards. After winning his seventh Super Bowl with Tampa Bay, he felt it was time to part with most of the collection, although he’s saving a few rookies for himself.
Among the highlights:
- 2000 SP Authentic PSA 10 (#189/1250) – High bid is currently at $140,000
- 2000 SP Authentic BGS 9.5 (#1217/1250)
- 2000 Bowman Chrome Refractor PSA 9
- 2000 Contenders Rookie Ticket Autograph BGS 9/10
- 2000 Ultra Platinum Medallion (#19/25) PSA 10
- 2000 Donruss Elite Aspirations (#20/29) PSA 10
- 2000 Upper Deck Exclusives Silver (#49/100) PSA 10
- 2000 Leaf Certified 4-Star Mirror Gold (#22/35) PSA 8
- 2000 Bowman Gold PSA 8
Bidding is set to run through May 6.