The sixth annual “Don’t Give Up ESPYs V Foundation Auction” is underway with proceeds to benefit the fight against cancer.
Dozens of sports memorabilia items are on the block.
The auction is highlighted by the debut of a sweepstakes opportunity for Mike & Mike in the Morning to originate from a fan’s home. Mike & Mike in the Morning is hosted by Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic weekdays from 6 to 10 a.m. ET on ESPN Radio, ESPN2 HD and www.espnradio.com.
Every minimum $50 donation from June 29 to July 9 via ESPN radio will qualify as a single entry into the Mike & Mike will Broadcast from Your Home Sweepstakes, with the show originating from the winner’s home or property. Fans may enter multiple times with every minimum $50 donation counting as a single entry.
The winner will be announced on Mike & Mike in the Morning July 12 at 9 a.m.
The past two “Don’t Give Up ESPYs V Foundation Auctions” featured Mike & Mike in the Morning broadcasting from a fan’s home as an auction item with the highest bidder winning the experience. The experience raised more than $50,000 in each year.
The majority of the more than 340 experiences and items in the auction will be available online via this page eBay while 38 fan “experiences” will be auctioned in an 18-hour radiothon across ESPN Radio’s six national shows on Friday, July 9 beginning at 6 a.m. ET. Listeners call 1-800-4JimmyV to make bids on an item in the radiothon with the highest bidder at 59 minutes past each hour winning the experience.
The opening bid for every online auction item and experience began at a $1.99. Items available online include autographed jerseys, footballs, basketballs, baseballs, hats, shoes, helmets, boxing gloves and photos. Autographed items from Julius Erving, Rollie Fingers, Adam Jones, Bernie Williams, Curt Schilling, Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Alonzo Mourning, Jerome Bettis, Colts McCoy and several others are up for bid.
ESPN Radio and online experiences available for auction include:
- Special access ticket packages to sporting events involving top professional and college teams as well as the Breeders’ Cup, US Open, a Monday Night Football and Sunday Night Baseball telecast, Little League World Series, and more;
- A trip to College GameDay where the winner will hand Lee Corso a mascot head from behind the set;
- Trips to ESPN’s headquarters to visit various shows – including Mike & Mike in the Morning, The Herd with Colin Cowherd; SportsNation, Baseball Tonight, ESPN’s college football and basketball studio coverage – or other on-campus experiences such as golfing with ESPN commentators, being a highlight producer for a day and having a child’s birthday party;
- VIP passes to Jimmy Kimmel Live;
- Having the headshot of a winning bidder placed on a stick positioned with the athletes and celebrities on the set of Pardon the Interruption or created into a bobblehead to be placed on the Mike & Mike in the Morning set.
Last year’s ESPN Radio “Don’t Give Up” ESPYs V Foundation Auction raised $1,035,512 for The V Foundation for Cancer Research, a 415 percent increase from the inaugural event’s total of $201,000 in 2005. The event has raised more than $3,650,000 in its five years.
The event is one of Team ESPN’s corporate outreach initiatives which will coincide with the ESPY Celebrity Golf Classic on July 13 and the ESPYs July 14, live on ESPN at 9 p.m. ET.
ESPN Radio is the country’s largest sports radio network, providing more than 9,000 hours of talk and event content annually to more than 750 stations, including owned stations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas and Pittsburgh, and more than 350 full-time affiliates.
Here’s the link to the auction.