A huge auction of vintage and modern sports cards is open with some hobby heavyweights among the more than 2,000 listings.
The post-war era’s most celebrated ballplayer will garner several of the highest prices once the final hammer falls at Heritage Auctions with three Mickey Mantle entries—1953 Topps, PSA Mint 9 (current bid $175,000 with an estimate of $300,000 or more), 1951 Bowman, PSA NM-MT 8 (current bid $85,000) and 1952 Topps, PSA NM 7 (current bid $75,000).
“This is our first three-session sports card auction,” said Chris Ivy, Director of Sports Auctions for Heritage. “It will close on consecutive nights from July 18-20, and we’ll be accepting consignments at the National Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago for those who might wish to submit as payment toward invoices.”
Also notable in this event is the debut offering of The David Hall T206 Collection, featuring the most comprehensive compilation of entries and rare backs from the celebrated tobacco issue ever assembled.
Other highlights include:
- 1909-11 T206 Hindu-Red Ty Cobb (Red Portrait), PSA VG-EX 4 – One of only Six Known
- A scarce 1933 Butter Cream Babe Ruth, PSA EX 5
- 1933 Goudey Napoleon Lajoie #106, PSA VG-EX+ 4.5
- 1958 Topps Bobby Hull #66, PSA NM-MT 8
- 1957 Topps Johnny Unitas #138, PSA NM-MT+ 8.5
- 1965 Topps Joe Namath #122, PSA NM-MT 8
- 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Mike Trout Prospect Refractor Autograph 418/500 #BDPP89, BGS Pristine 10 – 10 Autograph