Grey Flannel Auctions’ 1st annual Basketball Hall of Fame Induction auction brought some big money bidders to Springfield, MA
A 1970s ABA jersey once worn by Julius Erving highlighted Saturday’s auction at the Basketball Hall of Fame.
The jersey, thought to date from the 1973-74 season sold for a whopping $120,789.
Another Erving jersey, from his 1980s days with the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers went for about 1/10 of that at $12,523.
Several impressive game-worn jerseys from Hall of Famers in all four major sports drew strong interest. An Edmonton Oilers Wayne Gretzky jersey dating from the mid-1980s kept the auctioneer busy until a bid of $87, 846 went unanswered.
Other highlights from the auction:
- 1971 Tom Seaver Mets jersey and pants $44,000
- Lew Alcindor UCLA game-worn road jersey $41,800
- George Gervin game-worn jersey $23,000
- John Havlicek game-worn jersey $22,000
- Pete Maravich game-worn LSU shooting jacket $20,000
- Oakland Raiders Super Bowl ring $14,267
Final results for the entire auction can be found by clicking here.
This year’s Basketball Hall of Fame inductees included Charles Barkley and Dominique Wilkins.