Panini’s flagship football product is outselling the other top four selling boxes combined on the website of one of the sports collecting hobby’s online retail giants. SportsMemorabilia.com says 2018 Donruss football remains the top selling trading card product in March, nearly two months after the end of the NFL season and seven months after it was released.
The 2018 NFL rookie class has produced some highly sought after rookie cards at all levels with collectors and fans chasing players such as Baker Mayfield, Saquon Barkley, Sam Darnold, Nick Chubb, Darius Leonard and others. Higher end brands have proven difficult for online retailers and card shops to keep in stock.
Here’s the company’s top five selling products thus far this month:
1. 2018 Donruss Football Factory Sealed 11 Pack Fanatics Exclusive Blaster Box – $24.99 – The 11-pack Donruss boxes are offered exclusively through Sports Memorabilia and its parent company, Fanatics.com and aren’t traditional blaster boxes. They include Rookie Threads Orange Parallels and randomly inserted Rookie Phenom Jerseys Orange Parallels.
2. 2019 Topps Baseball Series 1 Factory Sealed 9 Pack Exclusive Value Box – $19.99 – Topps I holds down the #2 spot on the list, nearly two month’s after release. “Blaster boxes” continue to be big sellers.
3. 2019 Topps Baseball Series 1 Factory Sealed 24 Pack Retail Box – $59.99 – A different version of the standard hobby box, the 24-count retail boxes hold 24 packs of 16 cards.
4. 2018 Topps Stadium Club Factory Sealed 24 Pack Box – $48.99 – Last year’s Stadium Club boxes may be long gone from some collectors’ minds but it’s a popular product with online shoppers. Full-bleed photos and the lure of two autographs have been attracting buyers, as well as the current price that’s well below last year’s level.
5. 2018-19 Upper Deck Series 2 Hockey Retail Edition Factory Sealed 24 Pack Box – $59.99 – Released in mid-February, Series 2 of Upper Deck’s flagship hockey set included a fresh set of Young Guns with 24 eight-card packs per box.
Bryce Harper was the top-selling individual player.