Upper Deck is hoping Dice K mania won’t be subsiding anytime soon. The company has made game-used jersey cards of rookie pitching sensation Daisuke Matsuzaka the big ticket item in the 2007 series two baseball cards.
Among the other features include a 1989 rookie reprint set which features cards of this years hottest rookies in the inaugural 1989 Upper Deck design. Rare autograph versions of these cards can also be found randomly inserted into packs.
The Predictor series returns in Series 2 Baseball for Rookie of the Year which allows collectors to possibly win a limited edition Series 2 set if the player depicted on the card ends up winning the Rookie of the Year award. Additionally, players like Josh Beckett, Derek Jeter, Ken Griffey Jr., Roger Clemens and the newest Hall of Fame inductee, Cal Ripken Jr. highlight the Star Signatures subset.
“We have not had as much excitement around a rookie like Matsuzaka since 2001 when Ichiro and Albert Pujols burst onto the scene,” said Upper Deck Baseball Product Manager Gregg Kohn.
· 1989 Rookie Reprints falling four per box, on average
· Star Signings and Rookie Reprint Autograph Signature Cards
· Rookie of the Year Predictor Cards – Collect for a chance to win a special complete set of UD2
· Huge 500 Card Base Set
· Hobby Packs SRP $4.99, Retail Packs SRP $2.99
Autograph and Memorabilia Cards
· Star Signings Signatures
· 1989 Rookie Reprint Signatures – Autographs of Baseball’s top newcomers numbered to 5
· UD Game Materials Jersey
· Rookie of the Year Predictor Cards – Collect who you think will walk away with the ROY Award
· 1989 Rookie Reprints – 2007’s top rookies in 1989 design.
· 1 of 1 Printing Plates
Regular Cards and Parallels
Base Set – 500 cards