Athletes from all over the world — and from virtually every sport — have been using their platforms over the last couple weeks to raise awareness and funds for relief during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now, more than 120 professional athletes have banded together and contributed memorabilia to a big fundraiser to benefit the Center for Disaster Philanthropy’s COVID-19 Relief Fund.
The initiative is called Athletes for Relief and fans can donate a minimum of $25, which will go to directly benefit the COVID-19 Relief Fund. The donation puts them into a drawing to receive their choice of any item in an extensive list of memorabilia.
Some of the items donated by the star-studded cast include:
- Four game-used/signed bats, cleats and batting gloves from Gleyber Torres
- Signed glove and cleats from Miles Mikolas
- Signed jerseys from NBA stars Steph Curry, Trae Young, Chris Paul, Devin Booker and Tyler Herro
- Race-worn/signed shoes from Jimmie Johnson
- Signed Masters flag and tour-used putter by Nick Faldo
- Signed THE PLAYERS Championship flag by Rory McIlroy
- Signed jerseys from hockey’s Mike Eruzione, Jake Guentzel, Richard Rakell, Brock Boeser and Marc-Andre Fleury
- Signed gloves from Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Signed swimsuit from Michael Phelps
- Signed jersey from Rose Lavelle
The massive sweepstakes began on March 14 and is slated to end on April 4. Anyone interested in donating and entering for a chance to win can visit athletesrelief.org.
View this post on Instagram
Please consider donating to support @funds4disaster by going to www.athletesrelief.org. If any other athlete would like to join in, all you have to do is head to the website, sign up & share. My autographed leo is there and waiting to be bid on for a good cause. Thanks guys!!! 💚
The COVID-19 Relief Fund provides direct support to the nonprofit organizations that operate in areas that feature a high volume of individuals affected by the new disease.
Just one example of how the fund gives these organizations a financial boost is by helping them purchase essential supplies to test for, and treat, the virus. This includes anything from masks, gowns and gloves to supporting vulnerable individuals that may be required to quarantine.