2020 Topps Tier One will make its annual return. Whether the new baseball season ever does is still up in the air.
Autographs and relic cards are essentially the product. Each one-pack box will include two autographed cards and a relic card. There are 12 boxes to a case and each case is guaranteed to have one rare Tier One autograph.
Tier One’s release date is June 5. A full checklist is below along with a link to find it online.
Tier One Autographs are sequentially numbered to 199 or less and feature current and former players.
- Break Out Autographs will feature young players poised for breakout seasons. These cards are sequentially numbered to 299 or less.
- Prime Performers Autographs feature both retired and current players. These cards are also sequentially numbered to 299 or less.
- Tier One Talent Autographs are another popular insert available. These cards feature players with elite skills in power, speed, batting, fielding, or pitching, and are sequentially numbered to 299 or less.
- Finally, Next Level Autographs, a new autograph type for 2020, feature players with talent ‘above the rest.’ These cards are limited to only 50 sequentially numbered copies.
Each of those five autograph groupings have Bronze Ink Parallels (numbered to 25), Silver Ink Parallels (numbered to 10), and Gold Ink Parallels (1/1).
Additional rare autographs are available in the product as well.
- Clear One Autographs, featuring a mix of former and current players, are included on Clear One technology. These cards are limited to ten or less sequentially numbered copies.
- Clear One Dual Autographs feature pairs of the game’s greats and are also limited to ten or less sequentially numbered copies.
- Dual Autographs (sequentially numbered to 25 or less) and Triple Autographs (sequentially numbered to ten or less) are also finds in the 2020 product.
- Finally, Cut Signatures for 25 iconic baseball figures, all numbered 1/1, are also included in the release.
In all, a total of seven different relics are included in the release:
- Tier One Relics (#d to 399 or less) with Dual Patch Parallels (#d to 25) and Triple Patch Parallels (#d 1/1). Both types of parallel cards have at least one piece of a uniform patch.
- Tier One Legend Relics (#d to 199 or less) – these also have the Dual and Triple Patch Parallels with the same sequentially numbered cards.
- Tier One Uniform Button Relics (#d to 5) are rare relic swatches featuring uniform buttons. 1/1 autographed parallel cards are also available with these.
- Tier One All-Star Patches – these 1/1 cards feature jumbo patch pieces from event-worn MLB All-Star Game warm up jerseys. 1/1 autographed parallel cards are also available here, too.
- Tier One Bat Knobs – 1/1 cards
- Tier One Limited Lumber – 1/1 cards
- Prodigious Patches highlight current active stars with jumbo patch pieces. Cards are numbered to 10 and 1/1 multi-colored Platinum Parallel patch cards are available.
Finally, seven different autographed relics are in the product.
- Autographed Tier One Relics (MLB greats from the past and present) – #d to 99 or less with Dual Patch (#d to 25) and Triple Patch (1/1) available
- Dual Autograph Tier One Relic Book Cards (Dual-signed cards of baseball greats with autographs and game-used memorabilia) – #d to 10 with 1/1 Dual Patch Parallels
- Autographed Prodigious Patches (Autographed cards with jumbo game-used uniform patch pieces) – #d to 10 or less with 1/1 Platinum Parallels
- Tier One Autographed Bat Knobs – 1/1 cards
- Tier One Autographed Limited Lumber – 1/1 cards
- Signature Tools Autograph Relics (include a piece of the pen used for signing the cards) – 1/1 cards
- Cut Signature Relics (cards featuring game-used memorabilia with a cut signature) – 1/1 cards
Tier One boxes are available on eBay for around $175.