After making its return after a long hiatus in 2014, one baseball product born in the 1990s has settled back in as an annual release and now also has a Bowman-branded brother (due out in August). 2018 Topps High Tek will arrive during the World Series, again offering its dizzying array of backgrounds and parallels to chase.
A full checklist is at the bottom of the page.
2018 Topps High Tek Basics
Each one-pack box of High Tek will have 40 cards, two of which will be autographed. There will be 12 boxes per case.
The bulk of each box will contain base cards with varying patterns, the most common of which will be Rainbow (10 per pack). There will be multiple colored parallels for each of those pattern themes as well. The big base hit will be the 1/1 Gold SpecTEKular Diffractor Pattern cards.
Topps says Insert content has been reconfigured for 2018, with all subsets being sequentially numbered to 99 or less. Among the themes:
- Black and White Image Variations sequentially #’d to 50 or less.
- PyroTEKnics, a new insert that according to Topps, offers “a scene reminiscent of fireworks.” Sequentially #’d to 99 or less.
- PortraiTEK, a framed design that puts a “TEK spin on classic portraits.” Numbered to 50.
- Rookie TEK, featuring this year’s top Numbered to 99 or less.
Rookies, veterans and former stars will have autographs on the Tek checklist.
High Tek Autographs will be most common but will have several parallels including:
- Green: Sequentially #’d to 99.
- Blue: Sequentially #’d to 75.
- Black Orbit Diffractor: Sequentially #’d to 50.
- Orange Orbit Diffractor: Sequentially #’d to 25.
- Red Orbit Diffractor: Sequentially #’d to 10.
- Gold SpecTEKular Diffractor: #’d 1/1.
Black and White Image Variations Autographs will be sequentially numbered and there will be 1/1 Gold SpecTEKular parallels.
The fireworks-themed PyroTEKnics design crosses over into the autograph checklist with each card numbered. Also new are PortraiTEK Autographs.
Rookie TEK Autographs will be numbered to 50 and there’s also a Buyback Autograph element, with old Topps TEK cards now carrying the player’s on-card signature. Each will be numbered to 10.
2018 Topps High Tek baseball can be found on eBay by clicking here.