The annual V Foundation Auction for Cancer Research opened Wednesday with some one-of-a-kind sports autographs and fan experiences on the auction block. SportsMemorabilia.com and eBay have partnered to run the auction through July 12.
The V Foundation is the legacy of former North Carolina State coach Jim Valvano that is dedicated to finding a cure for cancer. The Jimmy V Charity Auction is one of the charity’s largest annual fundraisers as fans get the opportunity to come face to face with their favorite athletes.
Among the experiences and memorabilia up for bid:
- Anthony Rizzo Meet and Greet at a Cubs game
- Trip to NFL Rookie Premiere including Airfare
- Fanatics Super Bowl LII Party
- Private Dinner with Joe Montana
- Private Dinner with Andre Dawson
- Private Dinner with Steve Garvey
- Kentucky Oaks & Derby VIP
- “Don’t Ever Give Up Autographed Helmets from Peyton Manning and Ezekiel Elliott
- Several autographed sports items from major sports stars
Diagnosed with adenocarcinoma bone cancer in June 1992, Valvano lost his battle less than a year later at the age of 47. A month before his death, Valvano announced the creation of The V Foundation for Cancer Research while receiving the Arthur Ashe Courage and Humanitarian Award at the 1993 ESPYs. Since, the organization has since awarded over $170 million in cancer research grants.
You can check out the auction here.