Expanding the baseball card concept beyond the diamond, a summer favorite returns with the arrival of 2017 Topps Allen & Ginter baseball on Wednesday.
The annual release again offers seven cards plus one mini per pack with 24 packs per box at a cost of around $100-$110. Each box will have three hits.
Once again, the content is baseball focused but expect to find cards featuring everything from dinosaur teeth to astronomy to entertainment. Autographs, relics, originals, book cards, cut signatures, rare parallels, stealth inserts, Rip cards and many of the other features that have been a staple of A&G will return.
Here are some of the highlights:
- A complete set will include 300 baseball cards plus 50 additional short prints, which you can find in every other pack.
- The mini cards will have nine different parallels, some of which will only be found in hobby boxes.
- Among the more popular hits will likely be the auto relic book cards, numbered to 10 or less. The checklist will feature 45 different players. There will also be dual autographed books featuring two top players and and their autographs.
- Framed mini autographs will include on-card signatures of 100 different subjects. Black Frame parallels will be numbered to 25 and there will also be low-numbered Red Ink parallels.
- Non-baseball autographs will include entertainers, sports media figures and others.
- Allen & Ginter box loaders are a hobby-only feature that will have auto and auto relic versions as well as cut signatures of past baseball greats.
- Another major hit will be Cut Signature cards featuring political and historical figures, all numbered 1 of 1.
- Look for 100 original 19th century Allen & Ginter cards which will be randomly inserted into packs.
- Among the inserts, ‘What a Day‘ features 100 of baseball’s top single-day performances, past and present.
- Look for 120 different relic cards to be presented on two different designs. Framed mini relics will include 50 different subjects.
- There are 11 different Aaron Judge cards available including autographs.
- Rip cards, which give you the option of keeping them as is or tearing them open to possibly reveal a more valuable card, are back with a new color design.
You can see 2017 Topps Allen & Ginter sets, boxes and more on eBay by clicking here.