As usual, hobby boxes contain 36 packs of ten cards while retail boxes will have 24 packs. There will be a Jumbo option as well as blaster boxes at big box stores.
A collection of preview images and a complete checklist is at the bottom of the page.
2016 Topps Update will have several retail-exclusive subsets, which were late adds. They’re mentioned below.
2016 Topps Update Baseball base cards
Primarily a base set builder’s product, Update will have 300 cards with several parallels including Purple which will be a Toys R Us exclusive. Others are:
- Gold – Numbered to 2016.
- Black – Numbered to 64. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
- Pink – Numbered to 50.
- Platinum – Numbered 1/1.
- Rainbow Foil – Inserted 1:10.
- Silver Frame – Numbered 1/1. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
- Base Card Printing Plates – Numbered 1/1. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
Insert and autograph cards
- SCOUTING REPORT Autographs – Scouting Report analytics are the key driver.
- CHASING 3000 – Inserted 1/8 packs, this set will focus on Ichiro’s quest for 3,000 hits. There will be autographed versions as well.
- 3000 HITS CLUB – Inserted one in every six packs, these are focused on past members of the club. There will be autographed versions numbered to 25.
- FIRE BASEBALL – Inserted 1/8 packs, Tyson Beck’s Topps Fire designs make their way into baseball. Again, there will be autographed variations numbered to 25.
- FIRST PITCH – A tribute to the pop culture icons who threw out a ceremonial first pitch during the 2016 MLB season. Inserted 1:6 packs.
- TEAM FRANKLIN – Showcasing top MLB players who endorse Franklin batting gloves. Inserted 1:8 packs.
- 500 FUTURES- The top 20 players that have a chance to reach 500 HRs with Gold and Silver parallels. These will also include Medallions, Relics and Autograph versions. RETAIL ONLY (Target, Walmart).
- TARGET, WALMART EXCLUSIVE ROOKIES: Features images of 2016 rookies on their birth-year design (see below).
Topps will again make the All-Star Game a big focus of the Update set with images from the events and relic cards including:
- All-Star Stitches Autographed Relics – MLB All-Stars with a relic piece and an autograph. Numbered to 25.
- All-Star Jumbo Patches Autographs – 15 big All-Star patches with autographs. Numbered to 6. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
- All-Star Stitches – The checklist will include up to 60 different players, with Gold (# to 50) and Platinum (1/1) parallels.
- ALL -STAR JUMBO PATCHES – Up to 50 players showcasing National League or American League logo patches. Numbered to 6. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
- ALL -STAR STITCHES DUALS – Numbered to 25.
- ALL -STAR STITCHES TRIPLES – Numbered to 25. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
- 3,000 Hits Club Medallions with Gold (# to 25), Platinum (# to 10) and Platinum Autograph (# to 10) parallels.
- 500 Home Run Club Stamp Cards – Members of the 500 Home Run Club are the centerpiece of this set that highlights a stamp from the year they achieved the milestone.
- First Pitch Relics – The relic on these notable first pitch cards will be an actual ticket stub from the game. Numbered to 10.
- Own the Name – Cards showcasing a letter from the nameplate of a game-worn jersey (1/1).
There will be photo variations once again.
You can see 2016 Topps Update baseball cases, boxes, sets and singles for sale on eBay here.