Set for hobby release Wednesday, 2015 Topps Update will include a larger base set than we’ve seen in recent years. Update includes 400 base cards, creating a 1,100 card base behemoth between Series One, Series Two and the Update, or Third Series, set.
The product features rookie cards for players such as Addison Russell, Noah Syndergaard, Carlos Correa, Lance McCullers, Kevin Plawecki, Keone Kela, and Delino DeShields Jr., who are making an impact on their respective teams in the postseason. A new Kris Bryant card is also on the checklist.
Overall, 73 players will get a card featuring the RC logo in 2015 Topps Baseball Update Series. Unfortunately for Cubs fans, a card for Kyle Schwarber did not make it into the product and his “official” rookie cards won’t arrive until 2016.
San Francisco Giants infielder Matt Duffy did get his first Topps flagship card. Duffy hit .295 with 12 homers and 77 RBI in 149 games this season.
Hobby boxes will have one autograph or relic card while Jumbos will offer an autograph and two relics, one of which is either a commemorative or jumbo relic.
In addition to the 400 regular cards, Update will also have seven parallels:
- Gold Parallel sequentially numbered to 2 015.
- Snow Camo Parallel sequentially numbered to 99.
- Black Parallel sequentially numbered to 64.
- Pink Parallel sequentially numbered to 50.
- Platinum Parallel numbered 1/1.
- Rainbow Foil Parallel inserted 1:10.
- Base Card Printing Plates Four per card. Numbered 1/1.
Inserts include many continuations from the first two series. Look for:
- Highlight of the Year with the final 30 highlights featured. Inserted 1:4 hobby packs but each jumbo pack will have one.
- Rookie Sensations Cards featuring the top 25 rookie seasons of all time. Inserted 1:6.
- Rarities. Rare events from the diamond. Inserted 1:8. Each jumbo pack will have one.
- Whatever Works 15 players and their famous superstitions. Inserted 1:8.
- Tape Measure Blasts 15 of the most epic home runs of all time. Inserted 1:8.
- Stamped Buybacks: Vintage Topps cards stamped with the Topps Original logo. 2 per box.
Topps will gain custody of the 2015 All-Star workout jerseys and cut them up for a variety of inserts including:
All-Star Stitches – 60 subjects. Gold parallels will be numbered to 50 and there will be 1/1 Platinum versions as well. Look for:
- All-Star Stitches Autographed Relics – 15 subjects. Sequentially #’d to 25.
- All-Star Jumbo Patches – 50 subjects. Sequentially #’d to 6.
- All-Star Jumbo Patches Autographs – 10 subjects. Sequentially #’d to 6.
- All-Star Stitches Duals – 10 subject pairs. Sequentially #’d to 25.
- All-Star Stitches Triples – 10 triple-subject cards. Sequentially #’d to 25.
Autograph content will include:
- Career High Autographs Over 30 subjects with an autograph and a career-high stat.
- Highlight of the Year Autographs – Up to 10 subjects. Numbered to 25.
- Rookie Sensations Autogra phs – 15 subjects. Numbered to 25.
- Rarities Autographs – 5 subjects. Numbered to 25.
- Whatever Works Autographs – 5 subjects. Numbered to 25.
- Tape Measure Blasts Autographs – 5 subjects. Numbered to 25.
- Strata Cut Signatures – 10 cut signature cards. Numbered 1/1.
- Etched in History: New set featuring 15 record-holders with their achievement etched in metal. Gold parallels will be numbered to 50 with Platinum Parallels to 10. Autographed versions, numbered to 10, will also be inserted.
- Birth Year Coin and Stamp Cards 10 cards featuring superstars, both active and retired, and a coin and stamp from the year of their birth. Featuring the following denominations of coin, all are sequentially numbered.
- Career High Jumbo Relics 20 subjects featuring a jumbo relic piece. Sequentially numbered to 25.
- Own the Name Approximately 500 cards featuring a game-worn jersey nameplate letter. Numbered 1/1.
Topps will also have chase cards good for coins on its BUNT app as well as 25 hobby only Bunt Player Cards with codes that can be used to buy bigger bonuses when using the game.