It won’t be markedly different from the regular size product due out in November but 2015 Topps Mini Chrome Football will have a few new twists when it arrives about a month later.
Expect four cards per pack and 24 packs per box with a retail price of around $70.
With fingers crossed for a popular, marketable 2015 NFL Draft class, Topps has plans for rookie autographs in the product including nine different parallel refractor versions including a Blue edition that will be exclusive to Mini Chrome. There will be both rookie and veteran variations.
The list of Refractors will also include standard, STS and BCA versions that will be numbered to an as yet unannounced total along with:
- Black Refractor – #’d to 25.
- Pulsar Refractor – #’d to 15.
- Gold Refractor – #’d to 10.
- Red Refractor – #’d to 5.
- SuperFractor – #’d 1/1.
There will be rookie autographs featured on the 1989 Topps Super Rookie design in chrome technology. 1/1 SuperFractor versions will be randomly inserted. The company’s 1976 design will be in the standard size product and also in the Mini product with on card autographs and more 1/1 SuperFractor versions.
Unsigned ’89 throwbacks will be inserted one in every six packs and include Gold (# to 50), Pulsar (# to 25) and 1/1 SuperFractors. The same goes for the 1976 unsigned inserts, but they’ll be a little harder to come by with only one per box rather than four.
Topps will continue its 60th anniversary celebration (which begins with its flagship issue this summer) in the Mini Chrome issue, showcasing what it calls “the most impactful NFL veterans and rookies from the 2015 season” with autographed cards on older Topps designs.
There will be a Super Bowl 50th Anniversary Die-Cut set featuring veterans and retired players who have earned a Super Bowl ring. They’ll fall an average of one per box with Refractor versions numbered to 50, Pulsar Refractors to 25 and 1/1 SuperFractors.
Look for one Pulsar Refractor and three regular refractors per box. Each case will include one Purple refractor. Others will include Diamond refractors, inserted one per pack in Diamond boxes only as well as:
- Green-Bordered Refractor: 1:3 boxes.
- Sepia-tone Refractor Parallel: 1:12 packs.
- STS-Bordered Refractor Parallel: #’d.
- BCA-Bordered Refractor Parallel: #’d to 25.
- Black-Bordered Refractor Parallel: #’d to 15.
- Gold-Bordered Refractor Parallel: #’d to 10.
- Red-Bordered Refractor Parallel: #’d to 5.
- SuperFractor Parallel: #’d 1/1.
- Printing Plates – Original Cyan, Yellow, Magenta and Black Printing Plates. #’d 1 of 1.
A checklist hasn’t been released yet. 2015 Topps Mini Chrome football has a release date of December 16.