Buster Posey and Buster Olney? It can only be 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter. The quirky annual release offers 24 eight-card packs per box including one mini card and will arrive Wednesday. A few retail outlets already had them in stock Tuesday and you can see the latest cards listed on eBay here. A checklist for the annual release is below.
- Mini Buybacks. Cards from the first three years will be bought back and stamped with the 10th Anniversary logo. 1 per box (hobby only).
- Buyback Autographs. Mini cards of players will be bought back, signed, stamped with the 10th Anniversary logo, and framed in a special 10th Anniversary frame. Hand-numbered to 10.
- Autograph Buybacks. Framed autographs from previous releases will be bought back, stamped with the 10th Anniversary logo, and reframed in a special 10th Anniversary frame. Numbered to 10.
- 10th Anniversary Parallel. The entire base set will be paralleled with the addition of the 10th Anniversary logo. Numbered to 10.
- Allen & Ginter Full-Size Buybacks. Cards from the first three years of Topps Allen & Ginter will be bought back and stamped with the 10th Anniversary logo. 2 per box. HOBBY ONLY
The base set will include 350 baseball veterans and rookies as well as public figures and the usual non-sport type features. Fifty of those cards will be single-printed and fall one in every two packs.
Parallels of the base set include:
- Mini Parallel – A miniature version of the base cards.
- Allen & Ginter Back – Featuring an Allen & Ginter logo back.
- Allen & Ginter Black-Bordered
- Allen & Ginter No Number – Limited to 50.
- Allen & Ginter Flag Back – Featuring a specially created
Allen & Ginter flag parallel back and hand-numbered to 25.
- Allen & Ginter Wood – Hand-numbered 1 of 1. HOBBY ONLY.
- Printing Plates – Featuring all four plates used to print every mini parallel and mini exclusive card. Framed and numbered 1 of 1. HOBBY ONLY.
- Mini Parallel Pack An exclusive mini pack featuring 5 red mini parallel cards of the base set. 1 Per Hobby Case.
There will also be what Topps calls “partial parallel cards” which include 150 subjects printed on metal stock (# to 3) and cloth stock (numbered to 10).
Autographs include Framed mini cards featuring on-card autographs and over 30 other non-baseball athletes, champions, and personalities. There will be 1/1 Cut Signature cards 20 cards featuring political and historical figures.
Movie star Sylvester Stallone is signing autograph cards for Ginter Baseball – with a twist. The Academy Award-nominated actor will be signing cards of the fictional boxer Rocky Balboa, whom he portrayed in the Oscar-winning film Rocky.
Artist’s Originals: 30 actual, original, 1-of-1 paintings on a mini card and only found in Rip Cards.
Allen & Ginter Red Autographs. On-card autographs from some of the autograph subjects, signed in red and hand-numbered in red to 10.
Allen & Ginter Mini Exclusives. 50 cards numbered 351-400 and found only in Rip Cards, these are mini-card variations of players’ base cards.
Allen & Ginter Mini Wood Exclusives. A wood parallel of the mini exclusives. Numbered 1 of 1.
Allen & Ginter Mini Metal Exclusives. A metal parallel of the mini exclusives. Numbered to 3.
Double Rip Cards: These limited edition RIP cards can be ripped on both sides. Inside, you’ll find one of the RIP card exclusive inserts, or a special insert available only in Double RIP cards:
Allen & Ginter Red Autograph Buybacks. Red autographs from throughout Ginter’s history will be bought back and stamped with the “10th Anniversary” logo. Double Rip Card exclusive.
Mini Rip Cards. Returning in 2015, hidden inside the double Rip Card could be another, smaller Rip Card. Inside this card you could find a Mini Mini Parallel Card of one of the 400 base subjects, including Mini Exclusives, or a redemption card for a full set of Framed Relic cards. Each is numbered.
Once again, Allen & Ginter will feature three different Relic Card designs. One will be a framed mini card featuring relics from over 40 MLB superstars. Two other designs will feature full-sized relics from more stars, as well as the other Champions and Personalities. No box will contain two of the same relic design.
Book cards will be included in 2015 Allen and Ginter. A total of 50 that will be either single-player autograph relic cards or dual-player autograph cards will be produced with each numbered to 10 and hobby only.
Hobby boxes will have Box Loader Cabinet Cards including:
Pride of the People Cabinets. Featuring monuments from around the world.
Over-sized Reprints. Featuring reprints of 10 superstars’ base cards.
Cabinet Relics: Full jersey pieces featuring player’s names or numbers. Numbered 1 of 1.
Cabinet Book Relics: Jersey pieces with names or numbers in book card format with two relics on each (1/1).
The Standard Box Loaders include Relics numbered to 25, autographs hand numbered to 15, Autographed Relics numbered to 5 and Cut Signatures numbered 1/1.
Allen & Ginter Framed Originals. 100 framed original Allen & Ginter buybacks. Numbered 1 of 1. HOBBY ONLY.
Starting Points. 100 cards focusing on MLB stars and their debuts in the major leagues (1 in every 2 packs).
Topps announced it will include signatures from four high-profile 2015 NBA draft picks.
- Justise Winslow – Projected # 5-10 pick (Duke).
- Willie Cauley-Stein – Projected #5-10 pick (Kentucky)
- Sam Dekker – (Wisconsin)
- RJ Hunter – (Georgia State)
Also look for non-sports inserts such as Ancient Armory, Menagerie of the Mind, What Once Would Be, What Once Was Believed and Great Scott!
Mini-Inserts, seeded one in every five packs, include First Ladies, Hoist the Black Flag, Magnates, Barons, & Tycoons, Birds of Prey, Mythological Menaces, Taunters and Tempters and A World Beneath Our Feet.
Each 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter hobby box will include a total of three autographs, cut signatures, relics, Allen and Ginter Originals or rip cards.
See Allen & Ginter on eBay here.
Read about more 2015 Topps Baseball products here.