The 2015 NFL pink game-worn and game-used memorabilia auctions will put hundreds of items in the hands of fans and collectors once again, with proceeds going to the American Cancer Society. Throughout the month, pink items used in games will be put on the auction block after use.
The National Football League, the NFL Players Association and the ACS are teaming for the seventh year to support October’s National Breast Cancer Awareness Month with “A Crucial Catch: Annual Screening Saves Lives,” campaign, reminding women about the importance of having a regular mammogram.
Continuing throughout the month, NFL breast cancer awareness games will feature:
- Game balls with pink ribbon decals used for every down and pink kicking tees
- Pink equipment for players including: cleats, wristbands, gloves, sideline caps, helmet decals, captains’ patches, chin straps, shoe laces, skull caps, sideline towels, eye shield decals and quarterback towels
- Pink Bose headsets for coaches
- Pink coins used for the coin toss
- Team specific New Era hats with pink accents for coaches and sideline personnel
- Pink ribbon pins for coaches and teams
- Pink caps, wristbands, whistles and pins for game officials
- On-field pink ribbon stencils and A Crucial Catch wall banners
- Pink goal post padding in end zones
- Breast cancer awareness pompoms, shirts and wristbands for cheerleaders
Game-worn pink merchandise and footballs will be autographed post-game and auctioned at NFL Auction (nfl.com/auction). All NFL Auction proceeds from the sale of breast cancer awareness items during the month of October will go-to the American Cancer Society.
From cleats to gloves, towels to caps, NFL partners including Gatorade, Nike, Under Armour, New Era and Wilson are creating pink merchandise for breast cancer awareness games. Pink Bose headsets and pink Gatorade towels will be used on the sidelines at every A Crucial Catch game. Many other partners including P&G and EA will support A Crucial Catch through products and promotions.
All proceeds from pink products auctioned on NFL Auction go directly to the ACS. Bidding will begin once items are processed and placed on the website with listings ongoing throughout the season.
Special pink merchandise will also be available at various retailers, including NFLShop.com, neweracap.com, nike.com, in-stadium retail stores, at Dick’s Sporting Goods, Lids and more, with a portion of proceeds going to breast cancer charities.
More than $8 million has been raised for the American Cancer Society through the partnership, with the majority of the donation coming from the sale of pink merchandise at retail and the NFL Auction website.