Topps has released product information for hobby-exclusive 2013 Bowman Sterling football, a high end release scheduled to land safely on store shelves in the middle of the upcoming season.
For buyers looking for a brand with NFL rookies, 2013 Bowman Sterling has several in its arsenal. Its 32-point chrome base set features 80 rookie cards and 20 veterans for a total of 100 base cards. Every base card in this set has six different parallels.
It’s a product loaded with autographs but if you prefer on-card autos, you’ll be disappointed. What we’ve seen are some very nicely designed cards with sticker autographs, which is disappointing to some.
Every hobby box of 2013 Bowman Sterling will house six packs. Each pack will contain five cards. All packs will provide three base cards, one Auto Rookie or Veteran card, and one Jumbo Rookie or Veteran Relic card. Robert Griffin III, DeAndre Hopkins, Eddie Lacy, Geno Smith, Manti Te’o and Montee Ball are just a few autos available in this product.
- 4 Rookie or Veteran Autograph cards
- 1 Rookie Autograph Relic Card
- 1 Rookie Autograph Patch Card
- 5 Rookie or Veteran Jumbo Relic Cards
- 1 Rookie or Veteran Jumbo Patch Card
- 1 Sterling Jumbo Rookie Patch Box Topper
Every eight-box case will include 1 Prism Refractor Dual Autographed Dual Relic Card.
The regular autograph checklist will include 80 rookie and veteran players. Auto Refractor parallels include Blue (#’d to 99), Black (#’d to 50), Gold (#’d to 25), Prism (#’d to 15). There are also SuperFractor Autographs and Printing Plate Autographs. Both are #’d 1/1.
Sterling’s Autographed Rookie Relic cards include up to 40 players, and are sequentially numbered similarly to the Auto Refractor parallels (with two exceptions). Unlike Sterling’s Auto Refractors, Rookie Relic Cards do not have black parallels. And Gold parallels are #’d to 50, not 25.
This year’s Sterling product also features Multi-Autograph and Autographed Relic Cards. These include:
- Dual Auto Cards: Up to 10 cards each with 2 autos from different rookie combos (# to 25)
- Triple Auto Cards: Up to 5 cards each with 2 autos and 2 patches from different rookie combos (#’d to 10)
- Triple Auto Patch Relic Cards: Up to 5 cards each with 3 autos and 3 patches from different rookie combos (#’d to 5)
- Quad Auto Cards: Up to 5 book cards each featuring 4 autos from different rookie combos (#’d to 10)
- Quad Auto Patch Relic Cards: Up to 5 book cards each featuring 6 autos from different rookie combos (#’d to 5)
- Six Auto Cards: Up to 5 book cards each with 6 autos from different rookie combos (#’d to 10)
- Six Auto Patch Relic Cards: Up to 5 book cards each with 6 autos and 6 patches from different
rookie combos (#’d to 5)Also included in Sterling’s stockpile this year are Jumbo Relic Cards (1 relic card per pack; 1 relic patch card per hobby box). Jumbos include up to 40 sequentially #’d rookie relics) and up to 15 sequentially #’d veteran relic cards.
Last, Bowman Sterling will include 1 Box Topper in every hobby box. Box Toppers include Jumbo Rookie Patch Cards and Multiple Rookie Autograph Patch Box Loaders. Each Jumbo Rookie Patch Card features a top NFL rookie with a jumbo-sized patch. Every card has six sequentially #’d parallels. Multiple Rookie Auto Patch Box Loaders have 4 rookies per card, each with an autograph and patch on chrome refractor technology. These cards are sequentially #’d to 10.
Click here to see Bowman Sterling Football on eBay.