Panini America has released more information on its first basketball card product of the new season. It’s definitely not your father’s basketball card set. In late February, the company will unveil 2011-12 Preferred Basketball, which will set you back $200 for a four-card pack that will include three autographed cards and one six or eight-piece memorabilia booklet card.
Preferred will have no base cards. Every card produced for 2011 Panini Preferred, including the 270 one-of-one autographs, is either an autograph or a multi-swatch memorabilia booklet card.
Preferred parlays three of the company’s familiar designs in its 2012 debut; the triangular die-cuts of Panini’s Choice (formerly Cramer’s Choice), Silhouettes from the Crown Royale brand and Donruss Signatures — into a first-of-its-kind base set that includes nothing but autograph cards.
- Every autograph will be limited to a print run of 99 or less
- The first Panini America autographs of new L.A. Clipper Chris Paul
- 10 Autographed Crown Royale die-cuts will feature retired legends
- Three distinct autographed Rookie Card designs for each player — Silhouettes, Crown Royale Die-Cuts and Preferred — all limited to 99 or less
- Next-level memorabilia cards showcasing never-before-seen player combinations on each booklet
2012 Panini Preferred Basketball is still about two months away from release.