Two months from now, NFL teams will be ready to head back to training camp and about that time, we’ll start to see one of the league’s trading card partners dish out the latest edition of one of its longer-running products. 2012 Panini Elite football will offer two autographs, two memorabilia cards, four rookie cards and six or seven more inserts or parallels per 20-pack box.
Rookie card collectors will see the highly anticipated 2012 NFL draft class pictured in their new uniforms.
Among the product’s other highlights . . .
- Base RCs will be numbered to 999, along with autographs and die-cut parallels numbered to 699 or less.
- The Rookie Inscriptions insert featuring on-card autographs from the top 36 rookies in various colors and scarcity.
- The Passing the Torch Autographs insert featuring two autographs and numbered to 25 or less. New pairings include Dan Marino/Drew Brees, Cam Newton/Robert Griffin III and Emmitt Smith/DeMarco Murray.
- Back to the Future memorabilia cards honoring past stars like Dan Fouts, Bob Hayes, Doak Walker, Ted Hendricks, Don Meredith and Otto Graham numbered to 199 or less. Prime versions will be numbered to 99 or less.
- Throwback Threads memorabilia cards featuring such pairings as Marshall Faulk/Steven Jackson, Rocket Ismail/Jerry Rice, Jay Novacek/Jason Witten and Doug Flutie/Ryan Fitzpatrick numbered to 199 or less and including autograph versions.
- Hit List profiles the NFL’s top defensive standouts such as Clay Matthews, NaVorro Bowman, Aldon Smith and Jason Babin on memorabilia cards numbered to 199 or less. Prime versions will be numbered to 49 or less.
- The NFL’s top producers — including Maurice Jones-Drew, Calvin Johnson Jr., Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Jimmy Graham — comprise the Prime Numbers memorabilia insert that is numbered to 299 or less. Prime versions will be numbered to 49 or less.
2012 Panini Elite football will be out “just after the 4th of July” according to the company.